hundleton1

Geovision Video Loss Problem

Hi guys, need a little help, i have a problem with a Geovision system iv just built, i have bought a used 12 channel GV800 v 3.51 card, was removed after an upgrade to a 16 cam i was told, came with v8.5 DVD, i needed a system at home so i got around to building it last weekend with V8.5 SW, i have 3 cameras and I'm getting random video lost on all of them, some times its one at a time and some times the lot, it only drops for a second then its back up, i have checked the cameras psu and have checked all connections and no problems there, intact i have just replaced the psi with a new 5A as was convinced it was that.

Any ideas ?

Card is Geovision 12cam GV800 v3.51.

PC is, P4 3.06ghz, 512 ram, 40 gig system disk with XP Pro and a 160gb data disk, i know i need a some more ram but that would not cause it ?

also there is no way this could be a fake card? i have added pic's to see, as far as i am aware no fake warns work with 8.5 sw?

Thanks in advance

Ian

177917_1.jpg

177917_2.jpg

your card looks good you even have a little security built into the back of the boad that your card also has.

you may just have a driver problem (graph card ) do a update.

how much ram do you have. this can also effect frame rate. it may be too low (2x 512mb) is needed

your card looks good you even have a little security built into the back of the boad that your card also has.

you may just have a driver problem (graph card ) do a update.

how much ram do you have. this can also effect frame rate. it may be too low (2x 512mb) is needed

thanks for the reply, i don't quite understand the security bit you mentioned ? as for ram i currently only have 512, it also had an ATI Radion 9600xt 256mb graphics card as well with the latest drivers

hi. as well as all the geo stickers and holi and serial number there is another mark that your card has.

start with your ram put two 512s in

hi. as well as all the geo stickers and holi and serial number there is another mark that your card has.

start with your ram put two 512s in

ahh understand now thanks for the advice, it was next on the list but was getting a bit paranoid

Does it drop out when it's not recording? See how it does when not recording.

Had a similar issue and it was all hard drive related. System would freeze for just an instant and then come back online. We found the hard drive was bottlenecking everything when it hit a bad sector or whatever it was doing and then it would back up video making the system appear to freeze. Once it started writing again, all was good.