daniel11

Two Cameras with using baluns on cat5e

Hi Guys,

I have a really annoying problem. I've got the following rigged up:

Two nightvision camers using cat5e and video baluns. I am using a pair for postive and negative on each camera, so for example blue blue/white and orange orange/white wires and each pair is twisted together. These then go back to a 4 port capture card with bnc jacks. The first camera's picture is ok but has vertical lines going across it and the second camera is very blurred its like you are right in front of the camera so the night vision is on full. The 12vdc power plugs are right next to the cameras away from the machine with the card.

Any ideas would be appreciated? I think it could be power related so tried turning one camera off but it made no difference.

Daniel

Thanks for your reply. I am using these http://www.amazon.co.uk/Video-Balun-TT-101CF-Network-Adapter/dp/B0051FKIG0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1327177851&sr=8-1, I think these might just be straight through connectors even if they say baluns unfortunently. Something like this http://www.amazon.co.uk/Female-Isolator-Picture-Tearing-Rolling/dp/B006IDNAXW/ref=sr_1_23?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1327178036&sr=1-23 looks legit.

Numb-nuts,

Thanks for your reply. I just tried swapping the power supply with a known working one it didn't make a difference.

What he should expect tom?

I'm a noob here compared to some of you, but if that is the best picture he can get w/ that camera, the company would go belly up overnight!?

199$!!!! WOW

*** If the cams is designed for 82' w/ the IR.... is whatever on the cam way to close? Have you tried the same cam on something at 85'?

Just thinking....

That picture looks like either the glass in front of the lens is fogged, or the lens itself is fogged, or the gasket around the lens is out of place and allowing IR light directly into the lens.

The picture now is crystal and the other cameras vertical lines have gone although its daytime. If I remember correctly I paid £60-70 for the camera nothing close to $199.

"That picture looks like either the glass in front of the lens is fogged, or the lens itself is fogged, or the gasket around the lens is out of place and allowing IR light directly into the lens."

It could be a problem with the lens, I'll look into that.

Daniel

Hi daniel11 yes you cameras will be fine in daytime. the swann camera was sold in the uk for a short time. some makers will add a few irs to there cameras to help at night. but swann went extream and it has that many that it blinds its own camera.

pi_403.jpeg

Tom,

I see. I don't actually think these cameras give any better nightviewing than cameras wuth half the led's anyway to be honest.