Sign in to follow this  
tds1

Vivotek FD8161 question

I am considering the Vivotek FD8161 for indoor use (home). I like the built in PIR, IR illumination, 2 MP capability, and adjustible lens. However, if I am reading the specs correctly, the width is 155 mm - which seems very large for a home. Anyone used these in a house - seems like they are bigger than other cameras - how did they look? Any similar spec cameras that are smaller? I was originally thinking of the FD8134 since 1 MP would be fine, but the built in PIR seems like it would be pretty nice.

I use one in my house. They are a tad bit larger than typical 'indoor' cameras, but in my opinion thats not what makes it look bad. It's the color, if you ask me. I prefer white to gray. But its not *that* bad. I think you can't beat it for the money.

That said, I have mine in my basement. I would *not* put that camera in my living room, because it looks too intrusive and stands out too much with the gray color.

Edited by Guest

I use one in my house. They are a tad bit larger than typical 'indoor' cameras, but in my opinion thats not what makes it look bad. It's the color, if you ask me. I prefer white to gray. But its not *that* bad. I think you can't beat it for the money.

That said, I have mine in my basement. I would *not* put that camera in my living room, because it looks to intrusive and stands out too much with the gray color.

Agree with this. The 8133 is a little less intrusive and it's white.

The Supreme Range model is white though, but more expensive due to the eWDR