Sign in to follow this  
3RDIGLBL

exacq self built NVR and alarm inputs

To those folks who still believe in exacqvision Contrary to all the complaints I still like exacq and still install exacq. I get no customer complaints what-so-ever. It just works with everything and I don't get annoying call due to active x issues or browser security settings.

Without having to purchase an extremely overpriced exacq built NVR I have been building them myself without issue. Well the only recent issue is not having any alarm, relay type triggers on a self built system. Has anyone used a 3rd party input device with exacq where I could potentially use door contacts as a trigger for exacq recording. I think Axis might make one of these devices but I'm not familiar with them or whether they would work with exacq.

Thanks

Here is the Axis part you are talking about. I haven't needed to use it because we have been using the triggers on the cameras or encoders but I was told it works. http://www.axis.com/products/cam_p8221/index.htm

As for Exacq we just switched another customer over to Avigilon from Exacq because of camera connection issues "Stream Socket Timeout" with Arecont. We have the Arecont camera with some Acti cameras on a PTMP wireless network and the Arecont constantly dropped out. I upgraded to the latest firmware on all the cameras and upgraded Exacq, changed the "reconnecting time" and the same problem. I disabled Exacq and installed Avigilon and the issue went away. No more camera disconnect issues.

I used to be a big fan of Exacq but after all of the issues we have had with cameras connecting and disconnecting plus just how crude and slow the search is we have moved on.

It's not so convenient to get back to the cameras for the trigger so looking for a homebase device.

I haven't had the disconnect issues you speak of although I don't have Arecont cameras with any of my installs. I have all Acti and Vivotek cameras on each of my exacq installs. No issues.

I agree with the search but it's simple and straight forward. I got three schools using it and they use it often. Schools have a lot of Mac computers so I needed a solution for this. The superintendant has a Mac and the principal has a PC. It was the obvious choice for us.

Thanks for the link. This is what I needed.

We are moving to Exacq right now actually, and so far we have had zero issues. We are also using ACTi and Vivotek cameras and we have had zero issues with connections so far anyway.

If there are issues I'll be sure to find them as I'm installing a total of 50-60 separate servers with 12-24 cameras each though many of the cameras will be analog for now on existing sites. So far we've had great luck with them and the search works great for us anyway. Did not like the search before 4.8 though, they really improved it and we did not start with them until 4.8 on our roll out. Web view was really, really important for us and it works so much better with no active x and such I agree. 90% of our use is the web view and they do that really well for our needs anyway.