busdriver197

DVR from ebay

Hello everyone. I've been lurking around here for a while reading a ton of useful information. I'm hoping someone might shed some light on a DVR question!

I've had my mind pretty made up on purchasing a QVIS Zeus 4ch DVR, but I've stumbled upon another DVR on ebay. It is an 8 channel DVR which claims to do full D1 recording at 30 FPS per channel. I have no idea who makes it and it seems like it's a Chinese seller who ships from the US. Has anyone had or heard of any experiences with these types of no-name DVRs? It claims to have a 2 year warranty, and the seller assures me that it can be sent to their US location for warranty service if need be.

Here are the specs from the ebay listing. It's advertised at 89$..

Functions & Features:

Compression H.264

Video Format PAL/NTSC

Video Input 8 channel BNC

Video Output 1 channel BNC, 1 channel VGA

VGA Output Resolution VGA (800×600 1024×768 1280x1024 optional)

Live Frame Rate 8×25fps(PAL), 8×30fps(NTSC)

Network Resolution/fps >10 fps /channel @ CIF resolution

Record D1: 100fps(PAL)/120fps(NTSC) CIF: 100fps(PAL)/120fps(NTSC)

Playback 100fps(PAL)/120fps(NTSC)

D1 Record Frame Rate 100fps(PAL)/120fps(NTSC)

CIF Record Frame Rate 100fps(PAL)/120fps(NTSC)

Audio 8 Channels

Alarm Output Relay output: Normal open (NO); Normal close (NC); COM

Alarm Mode Disk full alarm; motion detection alarm; video loss alarm

Record Mode Timing / Motion detection

Network Port 1 x 100 M RJ-45

USB Port 2 × host 2.0

Hard Disk 2 × 1000GB (Hard Drive Not Included)

DVD-RW Optional / USB

PTZ Control RS-485

Remote Control Yes

USB Mouse Yes

Power Supply DC12V±10%

Operating Temperature -10℃~ +55℃

Operating Humidity 10%~90% RH

I also attached a picture of it, in case anyone might have seen or used one. I really like the idea of full D1 on all channels. What do you guys think?

digital-video-recorder-dvr-500x500.jpg.00ea4536d16c326e18421b8b54f68fd6.jpg

My apologies... I got the 4ch and 8 ch DVR mixed up. They have the specs of the 4channel DVR listed as D1 recording at 120fps NTSC, which should be full D1 recording.

Either way, it seems most recommend going with a name branded DVR for support.

Thanks for the input!

Its 7fps D1 each channel (120fps D1 max record).

Not Full D1.

I don't get it? Its D1 each channel but its not Full D1? What is Full D1 compared to D1?

Full D1 being up to 30 FPS in D1. There is a 4 channel one that does 30 FPS in D1 for all 4 channels.

I ended up getting a 4 channel zeus and an 8 channel zeus DVR. Can only do up to 30 FPS on channel 1, and 7 FPS on the remaining channels, but it's great quality and I don't have to worry about any warranty issues....nice peace of mind.

30fps is overrated anyway. Most of the time you'd be hard pressed to even see the difference between 15 and 30, or even between 10 and 30... and yet recording at 30fps will take three times the drive space of recording at 10.

I had a BMW and an electric seat stopped working.. Does that mean anything you buy from BMW will have same problem? Anything from eBay is not good? (Just making a point)

As much as I hate to admit it... I purchased a DVR from eBay and it lasted all of 3 months.

Enough said.

I had a BMW and an electric seat stopped working.. Does that mean anything you buy from BMW will have same problem? Anything from eBay is not good? (Just making a point)

No, but there's never any guarantee you're getting something good, or even what you think you're getting. Ya pays yer money, and ya takes yer chances.