bigD

can I get a list of DVRs with live remote view

can you guys post up some links of DVRs with these options:

Live remote viewing of playback and live images using only a browser

I need to be able to view live images, recorded images and change settings from a remote computer that I can not install any software onto because it is a government computer. some of the computers here have java already. demo links to try out would be appreciated as well.

sorry I am new to this.

do you home work first.................there are several methods of remote viewing. ie. in my opinion, anything that is hassel free, clean, and fast is my choice. anything that calls for ANY software plugins, flashes, special software, is going to make it harder to view while on the move. Speed? most CHEAP DVR's out there only support 10 vice the nice 100 of the more exspensive. And then you need to know what format the DVR is passing the video in becasue some are better/fast than others. I prefer MPEG4 because it hauls butt over the net. i can view 16 camera's with a FASTER refresh rate than most single channel DVR could ever deliver. even over dial-up.....MPEG4 on a PC based platform hauls butt.

just my opinion.....................

wow, that works nicely! can you supply me with a link or a PM with how much each of these cost and the differences between them?

also what different things can you change in the menu

Do they have motion video or just the image grab, for the browser i mean?

that refresh thing is reall annoying ... like those old ASP chat room scripts

I think I should have our new friend to reply to your question on the issue of the refresh rate or if it is motion video vs. image grab

Levon

63.196.37.123 is a DSR-3506 6 cams

63.196.37.124 is a DSR-3709 9 cams

Compression is MJPEG, connection is ADSL @ 128Kbps shared for both.

A bigger up pipe will give a better refresh rate up to 2.4Mbps.

FYI, if you set read inteval to 5 and click "set" your browser will try to pull the images at a faster rate.

Is this what is meant by "image grab"?

can you guys post a link where I can view one that has motion video? I would like to compare the differences.

the AVtech 4 channel link I get a red X where the image is supposed to be.

you have to download the active X, click the yellow tab at the top of the page in IE, install activex. If its old IE maybe just click on the X .. has to be though

Wutz a dred? Is dat like Judge Dredd??

I'm not sure. Rory calls people that all the time... I think it's a term of endearment.

yeah dat was me, had to take it back they gave me a cheeseburger instead of a whopper got a free soda outa it though .... just burned anothert $5 gas ... yeah dread ..

dread = man = chief = boss = sir ... etc etc etc ..

you have to download the active X, click the yellow tab at the top of the page in IE, install activex. If its old IE maybe just click on the X .. has to be though

I can't do any installing on a government computer, even plugins and such. some of these computers here have java though. any other links with live video?

whoops .. so its basically the same as the sanyo one how it grabs the images, but it does it much smoother and in non stop fluid action