Sign in to follow this  
cctvlad

zeus 8 Ch

Hey lads, just recently purchased a Zeus 8ch customer is complaining of a beeping noise from the DVR

investigated - a no disk error came up and DVR doesn't see HDD but however when I reboot DVR it comes back this is the second time i have done this and has come back what ye reckon is wrong.

Bad HDD? or a method to get rid of the error?

hope all is well !

thanks for chiming in about it. yeah it comes up with the 500gb hdd but it goes again and beeps no disk i havent opened it yet and it does playback video so there must be a HDD in it the reason i haven't checked yet because of the seal.

suspect this is a deeper problem

also i cant get into device config (remotely) to turn off the alarm for now. PSS keeps hanging on that.

could do with rorys help or sean

Need to get in and disable the warning alarm for disk error.

But also, normally there is a reason for it, could also just be a loose cable inside.

Some hard drives don't spin up fast enough for the controller, causing them to be unrecognized when the power is cycled, but they work OK after a reset with the power still on. This used to be an occasional problem on PCs back in the day.

If this is what you're seeing, a different HD may take care of the problem. It would be easy enough to test.

disabled all alarms formatted hdd - not recording right now so problem must be continuing have to talk to dealer support, cant get into dvr without breaking seal sticker just yet interesting it may not be fast enough or HDD not on supported list anyone know this one?

hi. did you get is from qvis or cctv ireland. both of which would not have fitted a none listed H/drive.

i would go with the loose cable

hey tomcctv yeah got it from adata/qvis came with 500gb hdd hope it will be as simple as a loose cable will see what support says give me permission to look in it.

cctvlad

hi folks reporting back on the dahua dvr got permission to remove seal and everything looked ok i disconnected cables and reconnected and made sure all was tight. reformatted HDD again seems to be no problems at this stage.

It was a SATA WD caviar blue 500gb. good quality drive.

thanks for tips fellas.

Ive used the WD Blue drives in several Dahua DVRs without issue, so that should be okay.

WD Blues are good little drives, I've always had a soft spot for Western Digital though.

One thing I've noticed about those Zeus's and other Dahua DVR's is that they seem to have a tendency to develop errors and HDD faults over time, quite often quicker if they're ona higher resolution/framerate and are overwriting themselves more often. Formatting usually sorts it out though.