Sign in to follow this  
woltert1

DVR to HD TV Help

I recently installed a Ganz DR16HD dvr with 12 cameras. After getting it connected to the internet I am not happy with the image quality verses going with a direct connection. My question is what is the best way to make my direct connection?

My thoughts are to put a 20-30” HD TV in the bedroom so we can watch the cameras all the time. What I was thinking of using an HDMI connection. The DVR is in another location of the house, and I need to run the cable around 48+ ft to make the connection. I am not sure if this is going to be the best way or not. So I am looking for some suggestions on what would be the best way to make this run, or is there a better way of making the connection.

I also would like to be able to control the DVR for that location and am not sure what I would need to be able to do this.

Hi. hdmi does not have a very long distance you can buy extenders but with mouse control they get expensive.

another way is VGA KMV with mouse and keyboad control. if you have vgs on both your dvr and tv (might be listed as pc input) then you just need a cat5 cable between them both and a KVM at each end.

178536_1.jpg

What is going to give me the best picture quality with the mouse control? Is there a certain company and model? How is installed? The budget is slim I just got laid off.