Secerator

2 cameras with IR, power + video on one cat6 cable?

Can I run 2 cameras with IR on the same cat5 /cat6 cable that is less than 50ft?

I know that it is recommended to use two twisted pairs for power, and one pair for video, remains one pair..

Can I use one twisted pair for power and one for video for one camera and the same for second camera?

The cable will be cat6. Cameras are some q-see 600TVL. 12V.

Question 2: Can I use cat5 with baluns and adapters for a microphone?

Thanks

Hi. 50f you should not have a problem.

Question 2: Can I use cat5 with baluns and adapters for a microphone?

do you mean mic/camera /power down cat5 ??

if you just mean for a mic. then i would use alarm cable than cat5

Thanks for you response tomcctv.

For about how many feet should I be safe using just one pair of cat6 for powering a regular cheap IR camera?

Question 2:

This is the mic I bought:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0053V5Z9W

I will run a separate cable for it, mic/power. I was thinking cat6 because that is what I have now.

Mic will not be located near a camera, the cable will run to a different place.

I would not mind to buy some alarm cable if that is cheap. This will save me some cat6, but I will have to run 2 cables of alarm wire.. not sure which will be a cleaner installation.

For about how many feet should I be safe using just one pair of cat6 for powering a regular cheap IR camera?

50ft is ok with ir. but longer runs 2 pair for power .... its all down to what amps are pulled when camera is in full power (with IR) and you also have to take into account its start up load.

I would not mind to buy some alarm cable if that is cheap. This will save me some cat6, but I will have to run 2 cables of alarm wire.. not sure which will be a cleaner installation.

if you are using just 1 mic you will only need 4 core alarm cable. you can use cat5 but with the twist and it not being shelded can give problems.

alarm cable is very cheap

thanks.

Should I use a balun with an BNC RCA adapter to fit the mic's connection or I could just split the wires of the audio output end on the mic?

The mic is small, but the connectors are too big to hide them properly in my case.