ufoblue

Need some help with DVR network camera - Urgently

the spec sheet does say it supports mobile devices.

what mobile device do you have?

do you have a link to the full manual, that spec sheet is just that...a spec sheet.

I do but its not on me. Its at place where I have fitting these cctv cameras. But the manual does not state anything about mobile devices. And does not have anything under network settings.

If I give you the public IP and the username and password then you can go to DVR config and have a look at the settings if you like to?

the spec sheet does say it supports mobile devices.

what mobile device do you have?

do you have a link to the full manual, that spec sheet is just that...a spec sheet.

I do but its not on me. Its at place where I have fitting these cctv cameras. But the manual does not state anything about mobile devices. And does not have anything under network settings.

If I give you the public IP and the username and password then you can go to DVR config and have a look at the settings if you like to?

sure, PM it to me.

i just connected and i think those are the settings for the DVR web server.

you did all of that correctly, so that is a good thing.

i still think there might be some settings, locally on the DVR, that you need to enable/change.

let me know when you can get the manual, i will keep looking for it on google.

on all of the analog DVRs that i have worked on, you had to turn on mobile view and you had to configure/open ports on the firewall.

one dvr i setup had its own login for the web interface and its own login for the mobile interface...they are not all the same. this is why documentation is very important.

180488_2.jpg

your on a BT 2 wire router. why not just setup via services and not nat. your dvr is the avtech like i said posts back. iphone is eagleye.

all ports are good but as you can see they are directed via external ip.

delete all your settings. then go into services then click add. and make a new rule for each i.e cctv1 port directed to dvr and do that for each port. click apply all done

i just connected and i think those are the settings for the DVR web server.

you did all of that correctly, so that is a good thing.

i still think there might be some settings, locally on the DVR, that you need to enable/change.

let me know when you can get the manual, i will keep looking for it on google.

on all of the analog DVRs that i have worked on, you had to turn on mobile view and you had to configure/open ports on the firewall.

one dvr i setup had its own login for the web interface and its own login for the mobile interface...they are not all the same. this is why documentation is very important.

Thanks for your help so far I will get the manual and go though it again and PM you once I have it.

Viewing it on a mobile device is addtional but I want to get the full flavour of my DVR features

180488_2.jpg

your on a BT 2 wire router. why not just setup via services and not nat. your dvr is the avtech like i said posts back. iphone is eagleye.

delete all your settings. then go into services then click add. and make a new rule for each i.e cctv1 port directed to dvr and do that for each port. click apply all done

Hi thanks. So you are telling me that the ports should be directed to my DVR IP address and not my (external) public IP address? On the firewall settings I clicked “Allow pinholes and DMZ mode” “add a new user defined application” then I chose my DVR IP address 192.168.1.68 , I repeated the steps till I finished added the ports. But for some odd reason my (external) public IP address shows up next to the port settings instead, as you can see from the picture above...

I will go back to the hub settings and check out via services and see what I can find

This hub I am working on is rubbish compared to other routers/hubs, the gui is very frustrating...

180488_2.jpg

does the avtech dvr have/require specific ports for mobile access?

yes and app for iphone. the ports are right.

ok, that is good to know.

what i would do if i were him is throw the DVR on another port other than 80...i would use 81, 82, 88, etc...something other than 80.

but if he does that, when he connects via web or mobile device, he will have to use the new port.

ie, http://his_IP_address_orNo-IP-hostname:81 or 82 or 88

to connect.

Do you think port 80 is the main problem then? I don't see how my setup is wrong. I've followed everything and also made a DNS acount ( no-ip ) and that works great. Just need to get it working on a mobile device. I will have to re-check the manual for any settings I've missed for mobile devices! But I am pretty sure it does not state anything about mobile devices in the manual even though it says its compatible for it.

Do you think port 80 is the main problem then? I don't see how my setup is wrong. I've followed everything and also made a DNS acount ( no-ip ) and that works great. Just need to get it working on a mobile device. I will have to re-check the manual for any settings I've missed for mobile devices! But I am pretty sure it does not state anything about mobile devices in the manual even though it says its compatible for it.

port 80 should not be a problem, but i like to get away from it as much as i can, since alot of devices default to port 80.

port 80 should not be a problem, but i like to get away from it as much as i can, since alot of devices default to port 80.

I might change it to 87 or 88 then and see if anything improves...

I don't need to put the http port number at the end of the public IP and I can still log on to the DVR. Is that normal? is it because netvideo has its own port forwarding 3357 ?

Edited by Guest

you dont need no-ip with BT.

have you loaded the app ??

Yeah I have. If you want, I could give you the public IP, password etc then maybe you could have a go and see if you can get it to work? Just an idea

why would he not need no-ip with bt?

It asks me for the port number on EagleEyes app but I don't know the exact right port number. I left it at default 80 but still no joy

On the settings it goes like this in order:

IP address: So I put my public IP: 86.**

Port number: 80

Username: admin

password ************

I am using the DVR login username and password which is correct

It asks me for the port number on EagleEyes app but I don't know the exact right port number. I left it at default 80 but still no joy

password ************

did you find the manual for the dvr?

i keep seeing pople say the brand name and that it is capable of mobile access, but for me to continue helping, i'd like to see it right from the manufacture. unless the people that are helping you start confirming port numbers, user name, and password for mobile access.

password ************

i keep seeing pople say the brand name and that it is capable of mobile access, but for me to continue helping, i'd like to see it right from the manufacture. unless the people that are helping you start confirming port numbers, user name, and password for mobile access.

the IP address is DHCP so its dynamic IP. I aint got hold of the manual yet but should have it by thursday. Thanks for carry on helping me

password ************

the IP address is DHCP so its dynamic IP. I aint got hold of the manual yet but should have it by thursday. Thanks for carry on helping me

ok, if you have dynamic IP address you do need no-ip, unless tomcctv tells me what hot spot is.

i know what the term hot spot is, but not sure how it correlates with dynamic and static IPs.

I am having the same issue as this gentleman.

I have set up DVR to DHCP which makes my router automatically pick up my DVR IP adderss etc

The ports that are currently forwarded in BT Hume Hub Fort Forward settings are:

Info Port: 3357

Video: 3358

Task: 3360

Web: 80

The above ports are also the only port options input-able within the DVR

Just like the person above - I have no option of "Mobile" settings within the DVR menu or manual. I can currently view from web in internet explorer from outside my network using (no-ip) DDNS however can NOT get the same to work from any mobile apps.

I have tried both MEyeProV6 and zMEyePlus and many other apps - none seem to work.

Any help will be much appreciated!

i think the best and quickest way to remote view set up is to enable DMZ on the router, all routers have this setting.

1) Rather than messing about with port forwarding, simply look for the DMZ setting in your router, type in the IP address of the DVR e.g. 192.168.1.11 and click enable, apply or what ever it is. this will open all possible ports for that device (DVR). (triple check the ip in the dvr is the same as what you just put in the DMZ settings in the router)

2) check if your port is open by using the port checker tools, just type in google port checker, you want to check for the mobile port.

3) if its open bobs your uncle, your ready to go, if not...

4)if not, then two possible problems: most likely second one is the problem

1)your dvr is not connected to the dvr physically either by ethernet cable or via wireless ethernet bridge (them wireless adapters you use if its awkward to run a cable) which ever method your're using

2) your settings on your dvr dont match your network settings.

5)answer to 2) on your computer run CMD and type in "ipconfig" hit enter, at the top it will show gateway and subnetmask you want to make sure in your dvr that these settings are exactly the same, dns 1 and 2 doesnt matter, just put them both to 000.000.000.000.

6) save any settings, if any made on the dvr, make sure your reboot the dvr after each setting.

7) still not working?? just email me ragnan@hotmail.co.uk