ufoblue

Need some help with DVR network camera - Urgently

Those are pointers, so let me see if I can help you think about it another way. You have port 80 knocking at the front door (your WAN port coming from the internet), you answer the door and direct him to the back door (your internal network and more specifically your DVR) and he is able to do his job. If Port 8080 knocked at the front door, he would be directed to the shredder because that is not the port you have allowed to pass thru the front door.

EDIT: While I am thinking about it, is that port directed to the specific IP or MAC address of your DVR? If not, I don't think you are in the right area of your router's menu.

I see.... On my DVR network settings I have the http port set as: 8080. it was orignally 80.

Could that be the problem then?

On the manual it states I can have the HTTP PORT: 80, 8080, 8000 and so on, thats why I set it to 8080

I think I am making a mistake by putting 8080 at the end of my public IP

I am going to go back in the network settings on my DVR and set the HTTP port to: 88

Then go into my router and add the port start 88 - port end: 88

Then try out http://mypublicIP:88

I should see my camera then?

I'm sorry to drive you lot around the bend

I guess being new at this kind of thing is always a bumer the first time around

Edited by Guest

Yeah 80-80 means 80 in and 80 out, so you need 80 as the port on the end of you IP.

Ok I will try that. And it doesn't matter if the DVR is set to DHCP does it?

I've seen a few people set there DVR as static IP but I guess thats to stop the IP from changing automatically

It can only let me enter the IP address of the DVR on the firewall, port, allow user defined application. I can't seem to find a option to add the MAC address to the DVR port

Just want you to know that I did it. I turned stealth mode on the firewall off and it worked after that....

I thank you cx

I want to know now, what is the best program to view the camera on a iPhone of a glaxy S2 and how I do I fix the fuzzy nice on the CCTV camera though the Internet. It's ok when you have it full size otherwise it's a bit distorted

Glad you got it working, no clue on the phone issue. Have you tried downloading one of the free camera viewer apps? Maybe the one you are using is just a bit wonky.

Glad you got it working, no clue on the phone issue. Have you tried downloading one of the free camera viewer apps? Maybe the one you are using is just a bit wonky.

Thanks

None of the phone apps work, I don't know why, maybe because the DVR does not support it?

However I fixed the blur, fuzzy picture by going to internet options under IE, then clicking the Security TAB , click on Trusted sites - Sites, then add your public IP address in the box then click on Close and Ok. Refresh the page and the CCTV live image should be blur free - orignal quality, video picture...

I don't need to use any port numbers at the end of my public IP address to gain access to NetVideo. Which some of you suggested above in your comments. I don't even need to put http:// because IE automatically picks it up.

You don't have to play with no activeX settings on windows 7 either

It really depends on what activeX it is, the webpage HTML/Script, and what IE version you have .. as well as by adding it to the trusted list it disables all security for that site - so it has nothing to do with Windows 7 at all. Some need compatibility enabled as well, for IE8/9, again regardless of the OS.

None of the phone apps work, I don't know why, maybe because the DVR does not support it?

I don't need to use any port numbers at the end of my public IP address to gain access to NetVideo. Which some of you suggested above in your comments. I don't even need to put http:// because IE automatically picks it up.

you will have problems not using the ports. i think you are just getting mixed up with your local and external ip address. hence the reason why you cant view on your iphone.

your using a avtech dvr...... its had a app for years

It really depends on what activeX it is, the webpage HTML/Script, and what IE version you have .. as well as by adding it to the trusted list it disables all security for that site - so it has nothing to do with Windows 7 at all. Some need compatibility enabled as well, for IE8/9, again regardless of the OS.

Well its obvious its activeX for HTML Which you would find under Manage-add-ons once you install it when requested to by connecting to your DVR box though the internet the first time.... Even if you install the activeX and do the settings on tools option custom security it still does not work propley so allowing your IP is the only way forward to get full quality of the picture. And when you install (Newie Control ) Sino-Video plugin you always get a error when you exit IE. its happened on 5 laptops and 2 computers and judging by threads I've find on the internet by other users etc, there is no fix for it....

Edited by Guest

you will have problems not using the ports. i think you are just getting mixed up with your local and external ip address. hence the reason why you cant view on your iphone.

your using a avtech dvr...... its had a app for years

My ports are perfectly setup to 80. and 80 - 80 is forwarded on my firewall. Everything is correct. I think netvideo had a bulit in port forward to 5557 thats why I dont need to put 80 at the end of my public IP

lots of good information in this thread, glad to see it worked.

but i have a question, why would you guys recommend a LAN ip address that isnt valid?

but i have a question, why would you guys recommend a LAN ip address that isnt valid?

why would it not be valid ?

why would it not be valid ?

192.168.1.260?

ip range is .0 to .255

windows wont even let you assign .260, it will give you the error/warning on the screen.

Here are some pics of my router config:

180488_1.jpg

180488_2.jpg

You can see how I have put the settings.

Maybe private NAT might be the problem??

Can't seem to view the camera on a phone device

do you have the proper ports open for mobile use?

some dvrs have a port(s) for the browser and other port(s) for mobile devices.

How do I do that? I don't think it has network settings for mobile devices.

The ports which I have allowed on my Hub on the picture above are the exact port settings on my DVR. My internet connection is setup as DHCP and my DVR is set as static IP, do you think that could be the problem?

The ports which I have allowed on my Hub on the picture above are the exact port settings on my DVR. My internet connection is setup as DHCP and my DVR is set as static IP, do you think that could be the problem?

your internet connection, from the ISP, is probably DHCP.

did you statically assign the DVR an ip address or is is pulling one from the router?

are the proper ports open in your router/firewall for the outside world to see the DVR?

honestly, there was some good advice in this thread and i was under the impression that the issue was resolved.

lets go back to the basics...

1. what is the IP address of your router?

2. assuming your router does DHCP, what is the range 192.168.100-.150? you can see this information somewhere

3. have you statically assigned an ip address, subnet, gateway, and DNS server to the DVR? if not, we need to do this.

lets start with those 3 and go from there.

it doesnt matter what your PC settings are...leave those as is.

your internet connection, from the ISP, is probably DHCP.

did you statically assign the DVR an ip address or is is pulling one from the router?

are the proper ports open in your router/firewall for the outside world to see the DVR?

honestly, there was some good advice in this thread and i was under the impression that the issue was resolved.

lets go back to the basics...

1. what is the IP address of your router?

2. assuming your router does DHCP, what is the range 192.168.100-.150? you can see this information somewhere

3. have you statically assigned an ip address, subnet, gateway, and DNS server to the DVR? if not, we need to do this.

lets start with those 3 and go from there.

it doesnt matter what your PC settings are...leave those as is.

Thanks. I can view the camera fine though the internet but not though mobile devices.

First I picked DHCP on my DVR and saved it then rebooted the DVR and it picked the settings up automatically from my router and then I changed the DVDR settings to static IP

I set my DVR IP address to: 192.168.1.68

My DVR subnet Mask is set to default 255. **

My DVR Gateway is set to my router IP address: 192.168.1.254

I left the DNS settings to how they where.

The port settings on the DVR are exactly the same as above in the picture which I have allowed on my Router/Hub.

So I don't see what the problem is?

i am confused. you said you set your DHCP and then rebooted it and now they are static?

dhcp- its automatic

static- you set the values.

did you set it to dhcp just to see what the settings would be?

regardless, the DVR settings are fine, since you say it is working.

DNS isnt an issue, but you can set that to point to the router, 192.168.1.254

what brand dvr do you have? does that brand have an app for your phone?

i dont know about some of these other users on here, but i only configure mobile devices if there is an app for them (for analog cameras, that is).

if there is an app for your phone, you need to install that app on your phone.

however, the app might run on different ports than the web browser uses. for example, for GeoVision, it uses ports 80, 3550, 4550, and 5550 for browser view and multi view.

for mobile view, geovision uses ports 8866, and another that i cant remember off hand.

you need to figure out the mobile ports your DVR uses, if it has mobile view capabilities.

i am confused. you said you set your DHCP and then rebooted it and now they are static?

dhcp- its automatic

static- you set the values.

did you set it to dhcp just to see what the settings would be?

regardless, the DVR settings are fine, since you say it is working.

DNS isnt an issue, but you can set that to point to the router, 192.168.1.254

what brand dvr do you have? does that brand have an app for your phone?

i dont know about some of these other users on here, but i only configure mobile devices if there is an app for them (for analog cameras, that is).

if there is an app for your phone, you need to install that app on your phone.

however, the app might run on different ports than the web browser uses. for example, for GeoVision, it uses ports 80, 3550, 4550, and 5550 for browser view and multi view.

for mobile view, geovision uses ports 8866, and another that i cant remember off hand.

you need to figure out the mobile ports your DVR uses, if it has mobile view capabilities.

Sorry to confuse you. My DVR default settings was set to static IP so I just set it to DHCP so it picks up the settings automatically from my router which saves time inputting the settings in manually. Once I did that I rebooted the DVR and changed DHCP to static IP and I just changed the DVR IP address to 192.168.1.68 and that was that.

H.264 Network DVR - 4 channel

My DVR uses Sino-video plugin and Netvideo software on the DVR