Thomas

My thoughts on ISC East

I've been laid low with a bloody cold for the last few days after the show so this is why it's so late. This is just some random thoughts from the show.

I was suprised at who wasn't there. Bosch, Sony....odd not to see them.

Being by the booth with the drill bits has it's pluses and minuses.

Being by CCTV Imports both also had it's pluses and minuses.

They are a sexual harassment lawsuit waiting to happen.

It's nice meeting the dealers that you work with. It's nicer when they give you tickets to the game that night.

The asian guys in suits were all with card manufacturers.

The white guys in suits were all venture capitalists.

As many guys tried to sell me something as I tried to sell to others. This is just standing at the booth.

Female salespersons have unfair advantages.

It was alot smaller then I expected.

I love seeing the gear that I would never get to play with in a million years.

Throwable fire extingishers are just begging to be used in pranks by firefighters.

How about the catch nets by the same company?

Man, what sexual harrasment suit?

And you forgot to mention the highlight, meeting me!!!!!!!

And you forgot to mention GE missing.

I saw those, but I'm thinking they will be hard to get direct...where as I can see the throwable devices being picked up for offices.

Bah, you don't sell my product so meeting you wasn't a highlight.

I belive American Dynamics (or ADT or Sensormatic) were not there either? Well, ISC is not what it use to be... I spoke with few of the majors and they feel that it is total waste of money and effort to attend this show... I take it that it was filled from manufacturers from Far East???

Levon

I could have sworn I saw ADT there. Not a huge booth, a 10 x 10 maybe.

There were alot of China/taiwan/korea people there pushing differant products. Kinda felt bad for COPS-USA, they had a small booth next to ARM Electronics (stuff from the same factory), the differance being COPS-USA had a 10x10 booth and it looked like ARM did a large 20x20. And you had companies pushing neat toys like stun guns, or $50,000 PTZ's

How about cctvimports? big nice booth, but I didn't see anyone really talking to them

The one that suprised me was ALTRONIX. Very nice booth, and how about Northern Video? they had a damm basketball court thing, and a bar for free drinks!!!(or was that tri-ed?) Maybe lowering prices would be a hell of a lot better than spending all this money on bull**** like this.

I never did run into Altronix, my legs started aching after trecking from the subway, and Northern didn't interest me. I was impressed by the big Honeywell layout. That big CCTV console setup they (2 impressive racks) had must cost 100k+?

I did get to meet Will Ryan from Extreme. I asked him if Extreme would ever bring out their own DVR, he said no way! (What a DVR that would be!)

I walked by many DVR setups by various reps, wasn't impressed by many of them. They are a dime a dozen, and most of the video seemed grainy, or the cams were out of focus. The DVR reps need to do a better job with their booths, to highlight out what makes their DVR better. Price? Features? Capacity? Video Quality? Many of them just display their product and lay out some brochures and a briefcase, well i dont have time to talk to 30 of them in one afternoon lol.

I was at ISC West a few months ago, and my partner won a free beer at the Northern Video booth playing basketball. Pretty cute girl handing out the basketballs too, therefore they can charge whatever they'd like. =)

I did hear from a lot of people that there was tons of DVR stuff at ISC East, which of course generally are where the Korean/Taiwanese/Korean people come from, whereas ISC West a lot of stuff was going to NVR.