Maniek

LPR system which works well.

Hi

I'm going to make an offer that has arround 20 HD cameras, and two gates with LPR system.

With you experience, which system would you recommend?

I have downloaded Milestone LPR system, but I gave up with set up. Maybe I just nedeed more time.

Is there any other system that you can count on?

What do you think about Geovision, not only LPR, in general ?

Thanks in advance.

Mariusz

LPR can be incredibly effective. I've only really worked with one LPR system before and that's Avigilon. I can tell you their cameras are awesome and the software is easy to use. Not sure what the Milestone LPR is like because I've been so happy with Avigilon that I've never had to go to another manufacturer. Heres a demo video I found of someone using the LPR system. It's not a great video but you can get a good idea of how the software looks and works.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Adtx4bvVh_4&feature=results_video&playnext=1&list=PLD0F9F41CC21D3BA4

Colin

http://www.zeecure.com

I've played with an online setup of Avigilon's LPR setup, and it seems to be effective. I'm not sure about configuration options, though.

In contrast, at a Milestone Partner training I went to, even Milestone's own techs had limited success with getting their LPR to work, and it was time consuming and difficult to set up.

Hi,

I have had a few dealing with LPR now anmd found a few that are quite nice.... Milestone is fine but does require some setup avigilon is also a good system..

With any Analytics most poeple think this is Plug and Play when in fact the system is Plug and Perfect... If people think just throwing up a camera and adding software is all it takes then burger king is job for you.. You need to take into account camera position, selecting the right camera and then spend the time through the day a night testing this for your client to get what they want.... Yes it seems a pain in the ass but the more you do the better you become and faster you get.

Thanks

MM

Hi,

I have had a few dealing with LPR now anmd found a few that are quite nice.... Milestone is fine but does require some setup avigilon is also a good system..

With any Analytics most poeple think this is Plug and Play when in fact the system is Plug and Perfect... If people think just throwing up a camera and adding software is all it takes then burger king is job for you.. You need to take into account camera position, selecting the right camera and then spend the time through the day a night testing this for your client to get what they want.... Yes it seems a pain in the ass but the more you do the better you become and faster you get.

Thanks

MM

I agree, LPR setups are difficult to get right, but Milestone's implementation (Dacolian, as I recall), at least what I saw at a training a few years ago, left a lot to be desired.

Milestone's own techs had repeated problems getting the integration database connectors installed and working on most students test setups, and once working, had limited success at being able to accurately catch plates. (I did learn some useful info about shutter speed versus vehicle speeds at that training, though).

Hopefully, they've improved this (you seem to be a success story), I do like a lot about Milestone, and have sold quite a bit of it, but that demo/training left me with a bad feeling about trying to sell their LPR to a customer.

Yeah I think that having office trainers handle training coarses over actauly real life installers that come across real life problems is a concern, but I have a rule don't believe anyone and do the testing yourself.... You are correct and I should have mentioned the Shutter speed and also remember changing the shutter speed also effects the camera at different light levels hence testing at night as well as during the day.

Yes I have had some success with LPR but also had my failures and at times spent hours pulling my hair out.

Thanks

MM

I've been testing a Messoa SCR510 and the images are excellent at the distance rated for this camera, which is 75' to 100'. I'm very impressed with their CatchAll technology. I am trying to get my hands on the next generation SCR515Pro for testing. If all you need is to capture plates and don't need ALPR, then I expect one of these cameras coupled with Avigilon ACC and a JPEG2000 encoder would be an extremely effective solution.

Best,

Christopher

I have used Messoa on a few jobs and find them to be a nice device excpet the fact all camera come with a Static IP adress No fun on larger Installs but have had a few failures on POE. All in all though not bad cameras.

I have been interested in trying their LPR cameras but have only used the Shany cameras, which again I have had good results with as well... You are right as I have used a H.264 Encoder the JPEG200 would be much better.

http://www.shany.com/all.asp?fname=p03-a8

Anyway good discusson keep the comments coming.

MM