impala500

IP camera onto web page

Hi guys,

I have just found your forum and need some advise on an install we have been asked to do.

One of our group managers plays golf and has requested we put up a camera so they can view the first tee and check out the weather.

Being a security company we have put in a Samsung IPOLIS SNB-3000 IP camera, this works fine as a stand alone camera that they can log onto via the internet be it local or remote connection using a username and password. But what they want to see is the actual image only without any of the frame work and they also want to have it incorporated onto the clubs website. I have passed all the IP, Port and login details over to the website company and they have said it is not possible to do with this equipment??? Anyone know of what we can do/use to get around this? This is not being recorded and will not be used as a security device.

Thanks

Mick Rayner

Sonata Security

Norwich

Since that appears to be an H.264 camera, it SHOULD be possible to simply embed something in the website (Java or Flash applet?) that can receive the camera's RTSP stream.

With an IQEye camera (at least the MJPEG models), you can obtain a live stream simply by putting the appropriate URL in your browser, no ActiveX or Java required - http://camera.ip/now.jpg will give you a still image, now.jpg?snap=spush will give a live stream, now.jpg?snap=spush&ds=2 will scale the image by half, and so forth. You might look into whether this camera supports something similar

You could also see if the camera supports sending stills or video clips via FTP, that would probably be the simplest method: send a still via FTP to the webserver on a set schedule, and the website just embeds that like any other image. I know "live video" is terribly sexy, but it's also very bandwidth-intensive, both in streaming the video to the webserver, and in re-streaming it with the page to the user. If the main desire is to be able to see tee status and local weather, a still image updated once a minute should be more than sufficient.

Short of that, if they MUST have live video, you can put in an IQEye camera and embed the URL as shown above - just surround that with tags, and voila! you have live embedded video. Might want to stick to a VGA-resolution camera rather than HD though, or they'll go over their internet provider's cap within a couple weeks.

Hi, if the aim is to provide web site users with access to the video stream without any downlodings and active x companents you should do the following system structure: ip camera then encoding server they installed on the object. than stream from the encoding server should go to the media server (it should be installed in data center use sw red 5or wowza...). then create flash player and input it on the web site.

at the end it should looked like www.videobits.net video on the top page.

Hi, if the aim is to provide web site users with access to the video stream without any downlodings and active x companents you should do the following system structure: ip camera then encoding server they installed on the object. than stream from the encoding server should go to the media server (it should be installed in data center use sw red 5or wowza...). then create flash player and input it on the web site.

at the end it should looked like http://www.videobits.net video on the top page.

Pasha y meny ne rabotaet live demo

and sovet

narisuy diagrammy kak vse rabotaet vmeste i postav na website

ludi ne ponimaut teby

It is not possible to handle this by one persone)))

Structure as folowing: IP cameras 2-6 pcs connected via rtsp to the Transcoder (which provide video coding from 4 Mbp/s to 650 kbp/s per chennel and switching between cameras and converts rtsp to rtmp). Then rtmp published on Media Servers (look at Wowza.com there are a lot information on its forum) this Media server published your video streams as many times as many clients wish to watch it on your web site.

So there is no direct connection IP camera = Web site. Because cameras stream are huge and there is limitation in simultineus connections (more then 2 = problems for camera)))

Results of our solutions are following

http://top10.ua/music/2012/02/04/freestage-low

http://www.boschsecurity.com.ua/content/language1/html/5797_UKR_XHTML.asp

http://voevodyno.com/

http://www.stepankovice-farnost.wz.cz/?stranka=kamera

http://live.nevod.tv/

And many more)

and sovet

ludi ne ponimaut teby

He speaks the truth and you can't handle the thruth. Red 5 is a way to go http://www.red5.org/. I'll try to type slowly so ak357 can understand. Red 5 is software that takes the video stream for the camera, converts it to rtmp protocal and then you can use player box software to play it as a rtmp feed in a window. Someone was just asking about that in another post.

and sovet

ludi ne ponimaut teby

He speaks the truth and you can't handle the thruth. Red 5 is a way to go http://www.red5.org/. I'll try to type slowly so ak357 can understand. Red 5 is software that takes the video stream for the camera, converts it to rtmp protocal and then you can use player box software to play it as a rtmp feed in a window. Someone was just asking about that in another post.

buellwinkle WTF ?

are u OK ?

1.u talking about post which about 6 month old !

Who is "He" and "truth" u talking about

2.What does it have to do with Red 5 software and me ?

3.and also plz use spell checker before u post

4. Do you understand what I was saying to Pavel

or I have to translate for you ?

Hi guys,

I have just found your forum and need some advise on an install we have been asked to do.

One of our group managers plays golf and has requested we put up a camera so they can view the first tee and check out the weather.

Being a security company we have put in a Samsung IPOLIS SNB-3000 IP camera, this works fine as a stand alone camera that they can log onto via the internet be it local or remote connection using a username and password. But what they want to see is the actual image only without any of the frame work and they also want to have it incorporated onto the clubs website. I have passed all the IP, Port and login details over to the website company and they have said it is not possible to do with this equipment??? Anyone know of what we can do/use to get around this? This is not being recorded and will not be used as a security device.

Thanks

Mick Rayner

Sonata Security

Norwich

While these examples are for Foscam MJPEG and H.264 cameras and their clones. Most likely, something like this, can and could be done for your camera:

Here are two example that work. One with MJPEG and one with H.264 Foscam and Wansview and their clones, IP cameras:

MJPEG Example: http://foscam.us/forum/free-generic-browser-interface-for-foscam-ip-mjpeg-cameras-t2522.html

H.264 Example: http://foscam.us/forum/free-generic-browser-interface-for-foscam-ip-h-264-cameras-t2686.html

Don

Most cameras let you use a feed on a webpage straight from the camera, the issue that I see is browser compatibility. Some require an ActiveX control, some require Java, some require Quicktime and not all PC's, tablets, phones can display the live streaming video without having to install some other component.

To be more compatible with most browser, you have to put the video in a format that all browsers can understand and the most common is to stream to software that converts RTSP to RTPM and then get a player that can play RTPM. So what it looks like is a flash video playing on your website. The easiest way to do this is to pay a service that takes your feed and provides the conversion and output.

An example is this site - http://sundiegolive.com Using an Axis Q60.

Most cameras let you use a feed on a webpage straight from the camera, the issue that I see is browser compatibility. Some require an ActiveX control, some require Java, some require Quicktime and not all PC's, tablets, phones can display the live streaming video without having to install some other component.

To be more compatible with most browser, you have to put the video in a format that all browsers can understand and the most common is to stream to software that converts RTSP to RTPM and then get a player that can play RTPM. So what it looks like is a flash video playing on your website. The easiest way to do this is to pay a service that takes your feed and provides the conversion and output.

An example is this site - http://sundiegolive.com Using an Axis Q60.

Both examples above were designed and created to be used with any Internet browser capable device or computer using any operating system and browser, as well.

The examples also do not use any ActiveX. If they did, they would not work with everything, as they do.

The examples, use .jpg format, which all browsers support. Which is why this method was used.

So, no download of any kind or required software to be installed on any device or computer, is needed.

These interfaces, also allow you to view/control multiple cameras at the same time as well.

Don

I looked through your code and it looks interesting. So I understand it, you just have javascript code that requests a jpg image form the camera at a selected interval and you display that. Do I have that right? If so, then all you would need to change is the url encoding to do the same thing with a different brand camera? Not exactly what I would call motion video, but I like the thinking. The demo camera shows that you can select 30fps, but realistically, can you even get 1fps?

I looked through your code and it looks interesting. So I understand it, you just have javascript code that requests a jpg image form the camera at a selected interval and you display that. Do I have that right? If so, then all you would need to change is the url encoding to do the same thing with a different brand camera? Not exactly what I would call motion video, but I like the thinking. The demo camera shows that you can select 30fps, but realistically, can you even get 1fps?

Thanks. Yes you have it right.

Well you will never really reach 30 FPS.

But yes, you can get as high as 20+ FPS, if the camera that is providing the video, is connected via Ethernet and not wireless.

The benefits are also to be able to limit FPS rates as well as what controls specific users can use and see. While using the very same HTML/Javascript code.

For example. One could easily exceed any maximum bandwidth limits a ISP has per month using a flat open IP camera at 30 FPS on a web page.

But, if you limit FPS selection, range choices by Camera User Id, you can have full access to the camera, at all speeds based on your User Level Id access using the very same HTML/Javascript code, even on the very same web page.

You may wish to allow people to move the camera PTZ controls on a web page but not change camera resolution. This also allows you to define what controls camera User Id's have access to, via configuration options.

Here is a Live Demo that displays what the FPS rate, combined with the resolution would be in total bytes over 30 days if the camera was at those rates 24/7 during a 30 day window of time:

NOTE: To see both FPS and Byte Per second rates, you will need to use an IE ("Internet Explorer") browser, to use this special version of this interface. The reason is that IE is one of the only browsers that allows access to ("Image Size") which is required to calculate Bytes Per Second.

http://www.saveontelephonebills.com/camera/NewWorkingDemoOperator30Day.htm

Using the Live Demo above, by changing FPS as well as resolution. You can see what the total bytes used would be at that configuration, for 24/7 30 day period, at the same rate and resolution.

The selected FPS rate can also be impacted ("Be slower") than the selected FPS rate, based on how many people are accessing the camera, at the same time, and is more a maximum, when the camera is publicly viewable. Generally, if the camera is not publicly being displayed, the FPS selected, will be the FPS rate. Of course, any dwell time will impact the rate as well.

Also, the statistics being displayed in this special version are for 1 user viewing the camera and the total bytes over time will be much higher, with multiple users, viewing the camera, at the same time.

This special version of the interface, gives one a better idea of what the total ISP bytes used could be and some MJPEG video streaming is also, at about that rate. So you can get an idea of total bytes used even for streaming MJPEG 24/7 for 30 days solid, 1 user period.

So, the question was, do you want to be able to limit FPS range vs. reach 30 FPS with the interface.

For 30 FPS, I would instead use a platform based multi-camera application, whereas this is more for public viewing/controlling and/or the camera owner viewing/controlling the camera from any of their devices, without the need to install any software, where that device is Internet capable and has a browser, at lower than 30 FPS rates.

The Interfaces also support an infinite-zoom ability, which may allow you to use a lower resolution as well. While still allowing you to change resolution at any tiime, based on your camera user id and what controls you allow to be seen via the configuration options of these interfaces.

Currently, to have these kinds of controls and configuration options and limits by camera user id, from any device, one would need to get/purchase/find specfic software for that phone, tablet, OS, computer or device and most likely, also need to install additional software on all those devices as well vs. use this instantly. Even then, it would not help you to have your camera(s) viewable by others using the device of their choice from the browser of their choice, to see your camera(s) on a web page, as these interfaces do.

So, much thought went into the design and creation of this to allow easy configuration changes as well as support many IP camera brands and models using the same HTML/Javascript code.

Don

Edited by Guest

I read both examples that you shared and both are used with any Internet browser and also capable for any device or computer using any operating system and browser, as well.

It’s not easy to display live video stream from an IP camera on a web page because you need wide internet bandwidth and a great video player that is compatible with the major browsers.

But fortunately there are some cloud based services that can do this job for us. One of the best is ipcamlive.com. This service can receive RTSP/H264 video stream from an IP Camera and can broadcast it to the viewers. IPCamLive has Flash/HTML5 video player component that will display the video on PC, MAC, tablet or mobile. The greatest thing is that this site generates the needed HTML snippet for embedding the live video we just need top copy paste it into our HTML file without any modification.

It’s not easy to display live video stream from an IP camera on a web page because you need wide internet bandwidth and a great video player that is compatible with the major browsers.

But fortunately there are some cloud based services that can do this job for us. One of the best is ipcamlive.com. This service can receive RTSP/H264 video stream from an IP Camera and can broadcast it to the viewers. IPCamLive has Flash/HTML5 video player component that will display the video on PC, MAC, tablet or mobile. The greatest thing is that this site generates the needed HTML snippet for embedding the live video we just need top copy paste it into our HTML file without any modification.

Sadly, there really is nothing out there for video streaming that supports all Internet browser capable devices.

Also, even your solution has a monthly cost:

http://ipcamlive.com/pricing

Whereas things like this can be done for free and in many different ways as well and in fact are compatible with any Internet browser capable devices from Computers to Tablets and Phones to TVs. Also without any need to ever install anything first as well:

http://foscam.us/forum/showing-secure-methods-using-php-to-display-your-ip-cameras-t8721.html

Don