Seonchoi

MY IR CAMERAS AND HOUSING DON'T MIX... Any Suggestions?

I have a Samsung SDE-5002N, Wonderful system. Great picture quality. Love it!

But I live way up North East... it gets way too cold and are worried about my cameras freezing up.

I purchased a housing with heater/fan and tested it. I have some complaints and request for suggestions.

1) Samsung cameras are pretty compact and simple. I don't have to run all this cable... end result, I have a small and simple camera and a HUGE housing...

2) the class panel causes a glare at night (because of Infrared). I can't pull the panel off cuz it would defeat the purpose of having a heater...

Would anyone familiar with the System have a suggestion for me? a housing with heater/cooler that is pretty compact? let me know.

Thank you!

I have a Samsung SDE-5002N, Wonderful system. Great picture quality. Love it!

But I live way up North East... it gets way too cold and are worried about my cameras freezing up.

I purchased a housing with heater/fan and tested it. I have some complaints and request for suggestions.

1) Samsung cameras are pretty compact and simple. I don't have to run all this cable... end result, I have a small and simple camera and a HUGE housing...

2) the class panel causes a glare at night (because of Infrared). I can't pull the panel off cuz it would defeat the purpose of having a heater...

Would anyone familiar with the System have a suggestion for me? a housing with heater/cooler that is pretty compact? let me know.

Thank you!

I ran into a similar situation.... I changed the lens on one of my bullet cams and then the cover/IR's wouldn't fit back on. I mounted the bullet in an enclosure and left the IR's off. I added external IR's to the housing.

Option 2 is for you to use pvc or some material to go around the lens between the IR's to separate them when they face the glass.

hi. your camera as is will have heat in its own housing (natural heat from camera) you may be doing something that you dont need to do.

^^ That's what I was gonna suggest as well. I'm up here in the north east, albeit we've had a fairly warm winter thus far. But it gets cold at night- plenty. How cold is cold by you? Good bullet cams can take a heap of cold. Have they failed you yet? Are you giving them a chance to see how it goes? They likely won't be a problem unless you regularly have extended sever cold snaps of 15f or lower- like day and night at that temp for a week. Unlikely.

Yeah, I wouldn't worry about the cold... with the IRs on especially, the camera electronics will generate plenty of heat that will be contained within the bullet. If you're REALLY worried about it, you could wrap a little insulation around the camera, although that might actually cause it to overheat when it warms up outside, which is far more likely to damage the camera.

Thank you!

1. The fact that the enclosure is far larger than the camera is irrelevant.

2. As the previous contributer has explained elsewhere, IR tends to reflect back off glass. The commercial solution has been to isolate the IR from the lens by using a foam tube which presses against the outer circumference of the camera lens and also presses against the enclosure plexiglass thus allowing the infrared light to pass through the plexiglass enclosure without reflecting back onto the camera lens.

3. Cameras, such as bullet cameras with inbuilt IR were never intended to operate inside enclosures.