Sign in to follow this  
trythis

help setting up remote Dmss android

I am having someone test an android phone for me but they are not getting through.

My ip address is setup through a dlinkddns site and until just a moment ago I had not activated the DDNS function on the DVR. (it is now though pss 4.05 via NETWORK, DDNS)

Prior to this, I am able to access it from a remote computer. HTTP is set via router and DVR to 1004 for the internal IP of the DVR. Using that port is also required to access the DVR locally on my "intranet"

settings:

TCP port 37777

UDP port 37778

Http port 1004

I am providing my ip address for testing as: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:1004 or optionally xxxx.dlinkddns.com:1004

Is there something I should be doing differently on an android device compared to a PC with IE? This works fine on a remote computer, so it should also work on an android phone right?

...from the phone tech support guy.

I've entered the information you've provided me with and it's attempting to connect to the server however it's not resolving. It is still giving me the error message with connecting to the IP address you've given me. This time however is taking a much longer time but just stops. I've tried this on the HTC detail and LG Optimus S.

(that error was : "Connect to server fail.")

Should I also activate UPNP?

Should I also use the "ADDITIONAL FUNCTION" - "Auto Register, which was already enabled but has an IP 0.0.0.0 , port 8000, Device ID 0 ?

Thanks

I dont have an android phone...., my phone is a "dumb" phone.

I am having someone test the app on a phone before I buy it. I gave the exact instructions from the video.

I just wanted to see if there was something specifically different because of the non port 80 URL. and because they arent getting through.

The 37777 is from the TCP, the 1004 is for HTTP

What confuses me is the Android app having a port box and I am not sure if it should be 37777 or http port 1004 (instead of 80 which is normal) I know the video shows the default of 37777 which I still have it at for TCP.

The app doesnt clarify what the "port" refers to.

Would someone with an android phone be willing to try this though a PM so I don't have to post my details online?

Thanks

Also make sure they have the Android version that works for the app they installed.

Eg. for gDMSS 2.6 they need Android 2.2 or above.

The tutorials all mention gDmss, Sean's states that if you see any others that cost money not to use them.

However, the market charges for gDmss. Dmss-Pro is the one offered by Dahua for free.

Which should the tech testing the system use?

How is it that the Android app does not access the HTTP port? Should I remove the http port address from the end of the url?

Edited by Guest

I really need a phone to test out.

take a drive to your closest cell shop and give them your ip as a demo on a android you are thinking of buying

The tutorials all mention gDmss, Sean's states that if you see any others that cost money not to use them.

However, the market charges for gDmss. Dmss-Pro is the one offered by Dahua for free.

Which should the tech testing the system use?

How is it that the Android app does not access the HTTP port? Should I remove the http port address from the end of the url?

The Android app is a program, not a web browser.

The HTTP port is only used by a web browser.

DMSS-Pro is an older app and Dahua suggests you use gDMSS.

But if you must use DMSS-Pro

DMSS Android User Manual

DQGzF67F1Us

When I did that video, gDMSS was free. Unfortunately it isnt anymore, but I do have the APK file that you can download on your phone if you want to do that. Please shoot me an email with your order information and I can send it over. There is a new one out, gDMSS plus, it also costs money, but it is worth it. Very nice app and has playback.