Sign in to follow this  
Rhea

Password pop up on Dahua 1U DVR

It pops up every time I try to access the DVR .. both access settings and search.... I modified it when setting uo the DVR but now it's pissing me off every time I access these settings... How to just remove it?

You cant get rid of it for the settings.

You can make the password blank for user 888888

But it will still show to login to settings.

The default user on bootup is "default".

Give that user access to the control panel and search/playback under account privileges. So it wont keep asking for login to search/playback - however the minute you go to settings, it will ask for login.

Thanx for response... Yes, it keeps popping up all the same .. But OK Will try Your advice.

Please explain the terms: Latch. Anti-dihter. Some options are not changing.. just tried Latch lower than 10 but it looks default..

What these mean in "regular" terms? Do these have anything to do with recording duration?

I just noticed that the motion detected recording starts and then stops abruptly,

On my other DVR I can easily determine Post and Pre record values and it works fine.. but with Dahua I have problems.

Sorry, a bunch of questions...

Thank You

Anti-dither explained.

viewtopic.php?t=16306

HOWEVER, I just tested and used various seconds for the settings, even manually set off the motion on my camera .. it goes against the explanation in the above link but almost down to the second, 30 seconds, 60 seconds, after the finish of motion, motion detect stopped (i used the icon and the buzzer to test). Eg. from the time motion stops that would be the seconds it continues to record. Never had to use it myself, and the manual says nothing worth while about it. I will email Dahua and ask, unless someone else has an explanation (Sean where are you? )

Supposedly latch is a delay time until it starts detecting motion again.

did nothing in my tests, nothing at all LOL. I even set it to 180 seconds but that did nothing. On a busy street with alot of cars passing at 1.30am .. it still had motion every other few seconds.

main thing with detect settings is to mask out areas that will cause too much motion, like trees etc.

also set the sensitivity higher if needed, 6 being the highest.

When I use motion I normally use it to cut back on the recording time, so all I care about is pre record so never had to think about the other settings.

If I hear back from them regarding that, I will let you know.

Anti-Dither is a delay setting for motion detection that will make your DVR keep detecting motion after a motion event has ended. Basically, if your DVR detects motion and after the motion detection has ended, and you have your Anti-Dither set at 10 (seconds), the DVR will still consider that it has motion and will continue to record 10 seconds after the motion event has ended. Its kind of a fail safe in case an object leaves the field of view and enters back into just a few seconds later. In firmware 2.606, you could set the Anti-Dither to 0, but in the new 2.608 firmware, it is defaulted at 5. Delay is just another setting that is extremely similar to Anti-Dither, but basically delay will continue to record after the red motion symbol goes off the screen. So basically, if your Anti Dither is set to 5 and your delay is set to 10, you will have a total of 15 seconds of recording after a motion event has ended.

Latch has to do with alarm outputs and tells the DVR to turn off the alarm output after an even has ended.

Edited by Guest