jtetterton

Replacing cameras at my Fire Department

We currently have 13 cameras installed in the "public" areas.. banquet hall, entrances, etc. Currently 11 are 480tvl 1/3 ccd indoor domes, and 2 are noname outdoor IR bullets.

I'm looking to replace them two at a time over the next several months and would like recommendations on some good indoor domes, preferably white to match the ceiling tiles. Right now when I pull the system up at night, it's pretty much useless if the lights are off. They would need to be IR or low light, etc. The first one I'm replacing is in an inside office with no windows or light source when the door is closed. I was thinking about the SAMSUNG SCD-2010, it's in the right price range, any experience with this? I'm wondering how well it would perform with no light without IR. The most I can spend per camera is about $110 and that's stretching it.

All these cameras are wired with 18/2 RG59 Siamese feeding back to a custom DVR with a GV-1480.

Thanks for the advice!

Jason

the samsung camera you mentioned is not varifocal, only fixed at 3mm. do you need a varifocal lens for different views from your multiple locations?

there are "eyeball" style cameras that have varifocal lenses 2.8-12mm and come in white with 36 ir's that are under $100.00 also.

As mentioned the 2.8-12mm Eyeball (Turret style) IR domes, 600/700TVL, run around $100 retail.

They are fairly short range IR but are the step up from the cheap Color IR domes.

Either way indoors it should light it up good.

Otherwise check something like the CNB VBM-24VF for a non IR low light camera in that price range, might be $10-20 more than your budget though.

BTW if its a small office, even a cheap 420TVL Color IR dome would light it up good. I just installed one in a 15x15 office and it works great.

Thanks for the tips. I picked up a Speco Technologies "Intensifier" locally for $130. 1/3 CCD with 2.8 to 11mm varifocal, 540tvl

I installed it, and I'm not at all happy with the "night vision". It will be going back. I'll poke around for some basic dome with IR if they can be had for $100. Any suggestions on a vendor?