Rhea

Night vision without red lights?

Am looking for cams (Effio 700 lines Type) color, day/nite with NO red visible lights at nite... need to install in place where it should monitor coming &going , so red glowing lights may not be damaging for security reasons.

My DVR is Dahua 1U with HDMI output(1) Software version:2.608.000.2 Build:2011-7.30

As for the rest cams I have 5 Effio 700Tv lines with OSD, 4 bullet, 2 domes. Help appreciated.

If there's even minimal ambient light, you can get by with a *good* true-day/night camera and no IR at all... otherwise, you need to look at longer-wavelength IR (930nm and up)... but you also need cameras that are sensitive to those wavelengths; the IR and cameras will both be more expensive.

How these IP HiRes megapixel cams work? Can they be used with the exsisting DVR? With BNC inputs????? Or do they have to be connected to DVR via computer ??? Because as I have experimented, my Logitech cam (1.5 Megapix) gives super fine picture (only on computer.. so what happens If I connecte IP HiRes megapix cam to a DVR via BNC???

How these IP HiRes megapixel cams work? Can they be used with the exsisting DVR? With BNC inputs?????

No - the "IP" is short for "TCP/IP", which is the same network protocol as the Internet uses (in fact, "IP" itself stands for "Internet Protocol".

In other words, they're network cameras; to record them, you need a "hybrid DVR" that can record them via the network, or an NVR (Network Video Recorder).

KT&C KPC-N501NU-B TDN IR Bullet, Sony Effio 700TVL, 2.8-12mm, 940nm IR LEDs.

Short range near invisible IR, useful for TDN camera that doesn't need a ton of IR.

182511_1.png

Seriously Ive been using IR cameras for over a decade, and I thought this sucker was broken!

have to go right up to it to only see a very VERY faint glow.

I didnt even think to check the specs for whether it was 830 or 940nm prior to purchase ..

In my case I didnt need IR at all, but impressed it worked so well either way.

Sure its no Bosch Extreme camera, or Panasonic with Raytek ..

But for the price compared to others I have used/tested .. works well.

After all a TDN is just doing the job of 2 cameras anyway.

If you want the best, get 2 separate cameras

Those bullet cams really do look good.

Agreed. What are you recording them with and are those pics from a "live" shot or from "tape"?

Agreed. What are you recording them with and are those pics from a "live" shot or from "tape"?

thats playback, recorded on a Dahua LE-A DVR.

thats playback, recorded on a Dahua LE-A DVR.

Is there a "brand name" on the DVR or is it "Dahua"?

Is there a "brand name" on the DVR or is it "Dahua"?

In this case its branded by XTS Video out of Florida.

Its the same unit though that others brand under different names.

Example, the QVis Apollo HD.

I get the QVis cheaper than the XTS so i now use those

But the actual model from the manufacturer is the LE-A.

We can normally tell what is what by the specs alone.

I know, I know. It's like the boy-racers in their Honda Civics, who instead of saying "yeah, I have a 1.4l motor", they have to talk code ("Dude...I got the J28 motor with VTEC"...)

Brand names are helpful for "the rest of us".

Thanks again.

I know, I know. It's like the boy-racers in their Honda Civics, who instead of saying "yeah, I have a 1.4l motor", they have to talk code ("Dude...I got the J28 motor with VTEC"...)

Brand names are helpful for "the rest of us".

Thanks again.

So for a 16MP Avigilon camera, that would be the equivalent of "VTEC KICKED IN YO"

183325_1.jpg

183325_2.jpg