trikeusa

getting cams to work on android phone

hi all, i am trying to view my camera via my htc hero android phone. i was able to use virtual server and port forwarding to access my dvr via my pc on IE, but when using the same settings on my phone, it fails to connect. i checked my ports thru canyouseeme site and they were all successful. here are my details:

dvr brand is generic, but i was able to find out this:

model: h.264 full realtime dvr/dvs

version: v4.0.6-tkw003 aug 29 2011

ip: 192.168.2.5

gateway: 192.168.2.1 (router ip)

dev port: 8670 (i'm not sure the difference but this is what my dvr says)

mobile port: 101

http port: 80

net mask: 255.255.255.000

DNS: 000.000.000.000

DCHP is unchecked.

i have at&t dsl from a modem then into my router, i have a cord from router to dvr.

dlink-625 settings as pictured:

1 virtual server

2 port forwarding

3 application rules

i went thru and made even more changes to try and get any internet connection to be able to get into my dvr, worked from the internet, but not the phone. nothing has changed since these pics. any help is greatly appreciated thanks. I probably have some overkill settings or wrong numbers in place, idk.

btw there is no product support that i know of or can find for this dvr...ugh!

233663160_virtualserver.thumb.jpg.7fac26ba968205344d22417eb27634a1.jpg

124946433_portforwarding.jpg.23c16b5d191b9e5cee9bde16d1a38a89.jpg

727005544_apprules.thumb.jpg.00fb1e26441b3103d9be90c96712dc19.jpg

They have not suggested anything, instructions are vague and generic, I wish I woulda known there was no support, instructions and online, before I purchased. I have used 4 diff apps now, all very common...Ip cam viewer, mviewer, iwatchdvr, and divis dvr viewer.

They have not suggested anything, instructions are vague and generic, I wish I woulda known there was no support, instructions and online, before I purchased. I have used 4 diff apps now, all very common...Ip cam viewer, mviewer, iwatchdvr, and divis dvr viewer.

can you take a picture of your dvr and if possable a picture of the dvr screen. OSD

thanks for the info, i found some information. its recommended that i use an app called TMEye. i installed that and got connected to my server but cannot see cameras. I guess i will hafta keep trying different things and different apps. maybe i hafta be in record mode on dvr? for the ip adress i entered the ip address i got from canyouseeme.com., which is the isp address. im wondering if i hafta use this ip in my router settings or if my router settings are wrong?

Try using MEye on android available on the Android market. works on my Galaxy tab. I have Generic Chinese H264 8 CHNL DVR.

** I am still trying to work IP cam viewer on my tab but cannot any compatible device in the listing.

I have discovered that all I need to do on my router is set my port forwarding, and enable DMZ. doin this has solved my issue. i'm not sure if other android apps would work, but the one they recommended works great "TMEye". Everything that is referenced online about my DVR is chinese and poorly translated and uninformative, making this very cumbersome. Live and learn I guess.

I have discovered that all I need to do on my router is set my port forwarding, and enable DMZ.

Enabling DMZ overrides all port forwarding to the DVR anyway - any ports that aren't directed somewhere else, are opened up to the DMZ address.

So it contradicts port forwarding, but doesn't work w/o it ? I'm confused lol

DMZ opens the ip selected for DMZ to the world and everything coming in through your router is sent to your DVR. Doing this negates having a NAT firewall for that IP but it fixes your troublesome port issue.

Remove your port forwarded references to your DVR but leave the dmz enabled. You will see that you can still connect without the port forwarding defined.

What this is telling you is that you are missing a required port in the port foward definition. All you should really have to mess with in your router is the virtual server part. Make sure you got all three of those ports defined and pointed to your DVR. When in doubt use both UDP and TCP protocols.

So it contradicts port forwarding, but doesn't work w/o it ? I'm confused lol

It makes port forwarding redundant for that IP.

I know this is bringing up a dead thread...but I have the same DVR and I am able to connect through IE with the activeX software, but how do you force it view on port 101 (mobile)? If i go to 192.168.x.x:101, it says page doesn't exist.

I'm just curious how to get this thing working on anything other than Internet Explorer.

Thanks

P.S. I don't have a manual or anything, just the dvr

It's a creepy coincidence that there is another response to this thread, cuz today I decided to try this router again!

As far as mobile, I only tried to access that port thru my phone and it worked. I did have this router configured properly at one time, but have since moved and forgot. The main thing I'm confused on, is virtual server, port fowarding, and which exactly do I need to configure...

Here's what I know: If you port forward, you will have external access, I specified port 82 as my web interface, port 5002 for my mobile interface, and port 7890 for my dev interface. I just opened the port on my router and pointed to the ip address of my dvr (not-dhcp).

I was able to get Meye (android) working by following the conversation on here:

http://www.justanswer.com/computer/6s0gu-cannot-view-security-cctv-dvr-android-smartphone-dvr.html

However, I'd still like to get a better way to access the streams so I don't need special software. Is there a http://mydvr/mobile.aspx or light.aspx or something like that? As I said, I have no manual, so I don't know what this thing offers.

I'm still having trouble, maybe cuz of my bridged connection, I'm using wrong DNS? If you have the small cd that came with it, there are instructions on there. Not sure if they'll help you. Be warned they're obviously translated. I'll post another reply about my progress

Hi

In case you still need help this might help.

I have the same model. I got it to work with port 8080 for IE viewing and port 101 for android mobile. I also have to forward port 8670 for data.

The application I use is TMEYE but I had make work with Vmeye and kmeye also.

your setting look ok but the keep in mind that most modems keep tracks of mac addresses also. so if you previously forward a port to an specific IP address and them removed the device from the network you can not just plug a new device and assign the same port. you must delete the port forward from your modem then redo the port forwarding when the new device is connected.

reply if need further clarification.

Thanks

Hi

In case you still need help this might help.

I have the same model. I got it to work with port 8080 for IE viewing and port 101 for android mobile. I also have to forward port 8670 for data.

The application I use is TMEYE but I had make work with Vmeye and kmeye also.

your setting look ok but the keep in mind that most modems keep tracks of mac addresses also. so if you previously forward a port to an specific IP address and them removed the device from the network you can not just plug a new device and assign the same port. you must delete the port forward from your modem then redo the port forwarding when the new device is connected.

reply if need further clarification.

Thanks