pengguna

Need a help for system design !!!

I need a help for my system designing. My scenario as below,

There is a two factory, distance withing both is 50 m away which is not connected together. The DVR is based on "A" factory and 10 cameras is connecting with it. However, there is 4 cameras at "B" factory. This 4 cameras need to link it back to "A" factory dvr's. I am not looking to doing any hacking or wiring across the road.

So i am looking for alternate solution. CAn anyone give me a help or solution.

Thanks a lot .

The lowest cost solution would be using a Hybrid DVR. Use 4 IP Camera in Factory B & transmit to the main using a wireless client.

There is no VPN , fiber optic, and network too. The owner also looking to centralised all camera at " A" factory. I think the only way is wireless. But my concern here is for 4 camera, is there need 4 transmitter and receiver? Or just have multi channel of transmitter and receiver in the market??

If let say using wireless, how is the transmition quality? will it interruptted by some facts like wheather, etc...

Please advice

Well, since hard wire/fiber is not a consideration, then there is only one other way, wireless. I have/do install wireless networks but have never installed IP based cams. I am sure there a few around here that can help you out.

For video comm tech, wireless video transmitters (not wireless IP), yes need 1 TX and 1 RX for each camera, as it is real time motion video. You could use a mux on 1 side and a demux on the other end as well, though it wont be 100% real time motion. Its CCTV quality, the highest you will get will depend on the camera you use, and it will be the same as if you have the camera right next to the monitor.

Where are you located, approximately?

Rory

There are, as they say, many ways to skin a cat, but I think Thomas and DataAve have offered economical & effective suggestions.

Not sure what you meant in your first note about wanting to avoid 'hacking' - does that mean you want to avoid wireless?

Perhaps the simplest answer is a combination of what Thomas and DataAve suggest .... two DVRs, one in 'A', one in 'B, and each equipped with its own broadband connection and IP address.

This avoids wires running across the road (presumably beneath the road) and wireless connections. It also avoids the problem of re-converting digitized video to analog which alternative solutions might present.

Factory security folks should welcome this configuration because their network easily connects to either DVR to view recorded video, control current recording, or control the cameras' PTZ. In this configuration, factory security folks are unaware of the physical location of the DVRs ... all they know is that the DVR is at www.xxx.yyy.zz1 & www.xxx.yyy.zz2.

And some DVRs can be programmed to automatically offload the daily video to a central server (presumably in factory 'A') via the broadband connection. The offload can even be scheduled to occur in the middle of the night so that no one is frustrated by a heavily-burdened network. No one would even need to walk across the street to manually offload the video ... the DVR can offload itself !

Best wishes,

bill

pengguna, my vote goes with wireless with seperate antennas... and it works!. You do not have to worry about anyone hacking the video or otherwise... just make sure that the antennas are placed in line of sight...

Thomas and Data have offered the most cost effective options, but then you can not use them... I think installing the wireless may be more expensive than the options offered by both of our members, but it is probably the only choice you have..

Levon