newguy123

!~Help~! CCTV Amplifier.

Hello, ill start by saying im very new to cctv so please bare with me.

I installed a CCTV system with 5 cameras. Each Cameras RG6U length is about 800 to 1000 ft. when finished final hook up of the DVR I noticed my pictures arnt very hot at all nothing that was showing up on my little monitor. I read that i may require a amplifier is this true? if so does it go on the camera end or the DVR end? I was thinking about the middle but I rather not have a splice.

I would highly appreciate any help at all!!

Thank You Very Much.

I think you may have another problem you should see picture over rg6 at that distance. What kind of monitor are you using. Make sure you have the correct inputs. Take a short cable and take the monitor to the camera and see if you get a picture. You want to make sure the camera is putting out a signal

when i use a monitor at a short distance i get a perfect picture when i attach it to my long run of cable its fuzzes up about 30 to 40%.

oh and i took the full sized monitor and hooked it to the camera with a 12 ft rg6 patch cord perfect picture.

thanks btw i appreciate any help at all.

800-1000' is pushing it a bit for coax, especially if they're cheap cameras. You may need to go to UTP with baluns.

800-1000' is pushing it a bit for coax, especially if they're cheap cameras. You may need to go to UTP with baluns.

^^^ This, my analog system only recommends up to 180' on coax, 300-400' UTP cat5, 1200' SSTP cat5.

Careful on an amp, dont cook the dvr

u saying that cheap camera do not produce 1 volt peak to peak ?

should rephrase I guess

Why do u think "cheap" camera can't push video far ?

hey guys thanks for all the help.

the camera im using is http://www.smartvisiondirect.com/index.php?ca_id=221&it_id=1150&query=item

it seems to being putting out

Frequency Horizontal : 15.734KHz / Vertical : 59.94Hz (NTSC)

Horizontal : 15.625KHz / Vertical : 50.00Hz (PAL)

S/N (Y signal) More than 52 dB (AGC off)

Video Output CVBS : 1.0Vp-p / 75ohm

do you think an 8 Ch cat 5/e ballu'ns will work it says it rated for 1000ft will the picture come out good? my next step is to buy that ballum and take a box of cat 5 hook both end to the ballun's and see if it works i'd love more insight thought thanks alot guys!!

should rephrase I guess

I'm saying they may not handle the extra loading very well.

should rephrase I guess

I'm saying they may not handle the extra loading very well.

what do u mean by loading?