yeliya

Help me with the deffereneces: Foscam 8918 & Loftek CXS2200?

Just now, I reply a topic about "Camera recomendation". I post a reply and recommend him two IP cameras. After all, for me these are two popular wireless IP cameras. My office was equipped some Foscam IP cameras(I do not know who equip those on the angles). But my house and garden installed Loftek CXS2200 for this one is a recommendation of one of my friends. In fact, I don't know too much about these. Perhaps we are so busy on weekdays and can't spare some time for other things like these home tools. Without seeing the recommendation post, we may not haven't considered this question.

Dude , Those two cameras are NEARLY identical, they just have some minor differences. There was an article on Sensr.net comparing two of their most popular models, and this is what they found: (also common knowledge based on reviews and experience)

Loftek Pros:

Better Price, Better Image Quality, Quick Tech Support

Foscam Pros:

Huge online community, lots of iPhone apps

The hardware is really, really similar on the two, and the Loftek has slightly better image quality at a lower price, which is nice. But if you want to join a larger online community with lots of discussions, Foscam is helpful. Just check out Amazon reviews, you can learn a lot more.

Dude , Those two cameras are NEARLY identical, they just have some minor differences. There was an article on Sensr.net comparing two of their most popular models, and this is what they found: (also common knowledge based on reviews and experience)

Loftek Pros:

Better Price, Better Image Quality, Quick Tech Support

Foscam Pros:

Huge online community, lots of iPhone apps

The hardware is really, really similar on the two, and the Loftek has slightly better image quality at a lower price, which is nice. But if you want to join a larger online community with lots of discussions, Foscam is helpful. Just check out Amazon reviews, you can learn a lot more.

Thanks gamefly2! You really help me useful things. You have kept one of them, right?

How much do you know about Loftek and Foscam? I mean, such as, the product quqlity, after-sale service.

Perhaps we just buy only a few IP cameras for our home use.So, I need consider more and expect your advice.

Perhaps we just buy only a few IP cameras for our home use.So, I need consider more and expect your advice.

hi if you are looking for a home cctv system then look at a analog system rarther than the foscam (it will be alot cheaper and much better)

foscams are just webcams you will get better images from standard cameras. and you will not have all the extra costs of a switch and then a pc on 24/7 to do the recording extra storage for footage.

standalone - cameras = done much cheaper

These two cameras are probably the absolute best cameras $70-80 can buy and will provide hours of entertainment. Frankly I'm shocked that such highly regarded surveillance camera companies won't be at the ISC West show at the end of March.

If you buy these cameras in bulk, I've seen them as low as $30 wholesale, FOB Shenzhen.

hi if you are looking for a home cctv system then look at a analog system rarther than the foscam (it will be alot cheaper and much better)

foscams are just webcams you will get better images from standard cameras. and you will not have all the extra costs of a switch and then a pc on 24/7 to do the recording extra storage for footage.

standalone - cameras = done much cheaper

Thanks so much for your advice. I feel you know much about Foscam. Then, how about Loftek CXS 2200? Thanks ahead of time.

These two cameras are probably the absolute best cameras $70-80 can buy and will provide hours of entertainment. Frankly I'm shocked that such highly regarded surveillance camera companies won't be at the ISC West show at the end of March.

If you buy these cameras in bulk, I've seen them as low as $30 wholesale, FOB Shenzhen.

Thanks for your reply. But if you tell me the difference, I think there will be more people know this and then buy it. Just imagine, the one knows nothing about Loftek CXS 2200, is it possible for him to buy one, still less in bulk.

Just now, I reply a topic about "Camera recomendation". I post a reply and recommend him two IP cameras. After all, for me these are two popular wireless IP cameras. My office was equipped some Foscam IP cameras(I do not know who equip those on the angles). But my house and garden installed Loftek CXS2200 for this one is a recommendation of one of my friends. In fact, I don't know too much about these. Perhaps we are so busy on weekdays and can't spare some time for other things like these home tools. Without seeing the recommendation post, we may not haven't considered this question.

I just tell you what I know about Loftek IP camera and foscam camera.

Foscam, as I search, invest lots of money on their advertisement or other marketing promotion. So, the price, more often than not, is higher than Loftek. I also google this brand. It seems that Loftek present more other products. They also sell other IP cameras, wireless mini keyboard, other computer peripherals. As I know, IP camera and mini keyboard is their feature products.

I think, if don't want the IP camera for specific and professional use, I advise you choose Loftek IP camera.

If you want the professional use, you are expected to make a study of these two. After all, you need to consider which one is more suitable for you.

Thanks so much for your advice. I feel you know much about Foscam. Then, how about Loftek CXS 2200? Thanks ahead of time.

foscam have a problems with copies to the point if you buy from ebay amazon or the likes they give no support.

Loftek. is the same camera. dont be fooled into there USA website. it is registered in china shenzhen city.

also just try to contact them ...... no email no phone number or address on there website at all. so thats your backup and warrenty gone from the day you buy.

if you want to build a home system out of cameras like that then just run to your local stapples and buy some webcams and use a webcam viewer software it the same thing. BUT WEBCAMS dont even come close to a good CCTV system

Rather than tell you the difference, it's more about what's the same. There are lots of small companies, some may be a family operation in Shenzhen. There are companies that make that plastic shell that you see that makes all these cameras look the same, there's companies that make the plastic lenses, the LED's,the circuits. Then these small mom&pop companies buy the components in bulk and sell them on eBay, pretty much their only outlet to sell. They try and get some traction on Alibaba.com to see if a reseller in another country would buy them in bulk to resell and they go between $25 and $50 a camera depending on features. Then those resellers go on eBay and sell in their own countries. Foscam has managed to grow to the point where they have a following, so you can get help from the community and they seem to offer the largest selection of camera choices. The problem in the past with going with what many refer to as Foscam Clones is how able are these companies it getting you bug fixes, firmware updates. None are good, but some are better than others. So you may get the Loftek, and it works fine, or it may be buggy with little to no chance of ever getting it fixed.

With all that said, these cameras are toys at best for experimentation. The image quality is very crude, fuzzy, color is a loose term, you'll see colors but may have no bearing on reality, they have buggy firmware, they generally don't last long, I've seen them last from 3 days to a year. Their WiFI radios are very weak and will constantly disconnect unless in the same room as your router.

The best way to take advantage of these cameras is not to use them, but to buy a bunch up for $25-30 each, put some clever US website up for under $100, sell them for $69-89 each, pretend your a big US company, dump a bunch on eBay to unsuspecting suckers that think they can get a quality PTZ camera on eBay for under $100. Then use the profits from your venture to buy decent IP cameras. You'll find a bunch of these manufacturers on Alibaba's website.

foscam have a problems with copies to the point if you buy from ebay amazon or the likes they give no support.

Loftek. is the same camera. dont be fooled into there USA website. it is registered in china shenzhen city.

also just try to contact them ...... no email no phone number or address on there website at all. so thats your backup and warrenty gone from the day you buy.

if you want to build a home system out of cameras like that then just run to your local stapples and buy some webcams and use a webcam viewer software it the same thing. BUT WEBCAMS dont even come close to a good CCTV system

Thank you, tomcctv.

You really give me useful information. As you said, I have checked and found that Foscam is launched in China. It is ture of Loftek. I feel, just I feel that these two both have their agencies in US.

Yesterday, I sent an email for tech question to Loftek.us and then I got the reply. To my surprise, the answer is nice and the tone is so kind. Actually, I attach more importance to its customer service. For if anything wrong with my IP camera, I can turn to them.

Rather than tell you the difference, it's more about what's the same. There are lots of small companies, some may be a family operation in Shenzhen. There are companies that make that plastic shell that you see that makes all these cameras look the same, there's companies that make the plastic lenses, the LED's,the circuits. Then these small mom&pop companies buy the components in bulk and sell them on eBay, pretty much their only outlet to sell. They try and get some traction on Alibaba.com to see if a reseller in another country would buy them in bulk to resell and they go between $25 and $50 a camera depending on features. Then those resellers go on eBay and sell in their own countries. Foscam has managed to grow to the point where they have a following, so you can get help from the community and they seem to offer the largest selection of camera choices. The problem in the past with going with what many refer to as Foscam Clones is how able are these companies it getting you bug fixes, firmware updates. None are good, but some are better than others. So you may get the Loftek, and it works fine, or it may be buggy with little to no chance of ever getting it fixed.

With all that said, these cameras are toys at best for experimentation. The image quality is very crude, fuzzy, color is a loose term, you'll see colors but may have no bearing on reality, they have buggy firmware, they generally don't last long, I've seen them last from 3 days to a year. Their WiFI radios are very weak and will constantly disconnect unless in the same room as your router.

The best way to take advantage of these cameras is not to use them, but to buy a bunch up for $25-30 each, put some clever US website up for under $100, sell them for $69-89 each, pretend your a big US company, dump a bunch on eBay to unsuspecting suckers that think they can get a quality PTZ camera on eBay for under $100. Then use the profits from your venture to buy decent IP cameras. You'll find a bunch of these manufacturers on Alibaba's website.

Thanks, buellwinkle.

As I post before in this list, I have tried Loftek IP camera tech service. So much better. I am afraid that it seems that Foscam put so much on their advertisement. I search Ip camera and always some foscam ad comes into my eyes. It is real that more ads can ensure the quality?

Thanks, buellwinkle.

As I post before in this list, I have tried Loftek IP camera tech service. So much better. I am afraid that it seems that Foscam put so much on their advertisement. I search Ip camera and always some foscam ad comes into my eyes. It is real that more ads can ensure the quality?

Hello Yeliya,

You really did a good job. Why is that? For I think you are a complete combo including behaviourist and thinker. Good combination.

I hate those who are always think, think and do nothing for what they think. You are really a pragmatist.

Now that you took Loftek CXS 2200 questions to Loftek tech service. At least, it is best way for me up till now.

If you get good impression this, please share with us.

If you get the contrary, also let us know.

You really did a good job. Why is that? For I think you are a complete combo including behaviourist and thinker. Good combination.

I hate those who are always think, think and do nothing for what they think. You are really a pragmatist.

Now that you took Loftek CXS 2200 questions to Loftek tech service. At least, it is best way for me up till now.

If you get good impression this, please share with us.

If you get the contrary, also let us know.

Thanks jorgejanifer,

Today I visited some online stores for Loftek CXS IP camera and found that this is really hot brand in surveillance.

Then i choose Loftek store on Amazon for one and I paid for that. To my surprise, it is shipped for free. Oh,,I am so excited...just excitingly waiting...

I am so excited...just excitingly waiting...

excited over a webcam ...... you have to love it. junk.

i think soundy needs to do a ip check on both your ip addresses. ill put $5 your from china

i think soundy needs to do a ip check on both your ip addresses. ill put $5 your from china

I bet You are right

sooo excited... 185393_1.gif

Loftek does make a very nice nail dryer I found searching Alibaba.com. If they had a combo deal of camera and nail dryer, that would be a powerful combination. I can duct tape the hair dryer to the camera and put the camera on patrol back and forth and dry all 10 toes at once under my desk while keeping my eye on them on my PC.

I think WanScam cameras are far superior to Loftek but at $38 it may seem a bit pricey for what you get and that's why I'm waiting for the prices to drop before I commit. Also, do you know if WanScam makes a nail dryer?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wireless-IP-Camera-Network-WIFI-Audio-Webcam-Night-Vision-11-LED-Security-Cam-/230757914980?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35ba3e5964

Oh, bad,,I have checked,,,man..

We have collected all your ip addresses...

Please do after second thought...

Actually, I like these two IP cameras. But it appears that something wrong with your two...

At last, our customers will benefit from this more...Thanks so much.