Sign in to follow this  
graphicw

Hello from WV

I am an avid DIY and a freelance CCTV installer. I have always been into security and cctv as a hobby so I decided to start intalling systems on the side, especially with the rising number of drug related b&e's in the area. I decided to step into doing installs as I used install DirecTV and saw many jackleg CCTV installs while installing customer DirecTV service. It seemed there were a lack of installers in the area to work with residential systems at a budget the average citizen can afford. I like to build DVR's out of older computer systems and as such, I tend to use alot of the older BT878a and Phillips based cards out there in my PC DVR builds using Zoneminder installed on a Linux server as the DVR software of choice. I also will use Diginet software on some systems as well since it can be purched from AGS-DVR, DVR-USA and Say Security for $99 and works very well on the older systems I tend to build DVR's out of. I am a low cost installer that does this work because I enjoy it and love to provide people with a valuable service to protect their property and families.

I am joining this site to gain knowledge in the field and broaden my horizons. I will have the occasional odd question since some of the hardware I run into out there is quite odd. I hope to learn and contribute alot as a member of this forum.