misha

Exacq loosing connection to camera

Hello

Maybe somebody has met similar problem and can advise anything except changing vms and camera

there is exacq 4.8 software installed and connected to several AV3115 cameras, and exactly one camera periodically goes off-line and don't reconnect automatically, while it responds to ping and can be accessed from INTERNET explorer. It is regional installation (traveling there needs half a day), and cctv operator can only reboot PC, after which camera is reconnected again. I don't know if restarting exacq server service only help as operator can't do it himself, no IT stuff is available and remote assistance is not possible. Network is camera dedicated, based on cisco gigabit switch, bandwidth per camera is no more than 10Mbps, any other camera didn't drop connection until now, and this one periodically does - once per two/three weeks...cameras run latest firmware

any ideas? I didn't write to exacq support as they'll be asking for remote assistance so first i try to post here,

I dont have an answer for your problem, but I'd go ahead and send an email to Exacq support. I have sent them several support-related emails the last 2 years, and they have never asked for remote access. They've always been pretty speedy with their answers, and have been pretty helpful. Give it a shot!

Good luck...

Hello

Maybe somebody has met similar problem and can advise anything except changing vms and camera

there is exacq 4.8 software installed and connected to several AV3115 cameras, and exactly one camera periodically goes off-line and don't reconnect automatically, while it responds to ping and can be accessed from INTERNET explorer. It is regional installation (traveling there needs half a day), and cctv operator can only reboot PC, after which camera is reconnected again. I don't know if restarting exacq server service only help as operator can't do it himself, no IT stuff is available and remote assistance is not possible. Network is camera dedicated, based on cisco gigabit switch, bandwidth per camera is no more than 10Mbps, any other camera didn't drop connection until now, and this one periodically does - once per two/three weeks...cameras run latest firmware

any ideas? I didn't write to exacq support as they'll be asking for remote assistance so first i try to post here,

Misha take my advise

change VMS

We all had those problems

no more

Actually thinking to start new post

how many integrators did change Exacq to other VMS

Just yesterday convert 30 cams ( 2 servers) to Avigilon

Hello

There could be lots of reasons for this. I would be examining your network to to see if you might have an unstable network connection to that camera. How many hops does it take to get to the camera? Have all the lines to that camera been certified? Is the network a dedicated camera network?

This is an exacq thing not the network. I have an Arecont 2mp bullet at my office that has been connecting and disconnecting all by itself with my exacq server since I installed it. I haven't spent any time trying to fix it because of the reported same issues on the board here.

It not a match made I heaven with those two products.

It seems like the common Denominator here is Arecont.

I had an Arecont camera do the same thing with an Avigilon server.

About every 2 weeks it would just disconnect. If I remember correctly you could still get to it through the web interface. Reboot the camera and all would be well for another 1 -2 weeks.

Arecont RMA'ed the camera and problem solved.

And it was a 1355

I am having this issue with the AV10005DN and AV8185DN. Both with Exacq and Avigilon. I am doing some tests on my Avigilon server to find out which firmware works the best.

Sounds like an arecont problem then. I have been running exacq at 12 different sites running vivotek, Sony and Panasonic cameras and have never had this problem.

I have seen this reported before, and it is usually a AV camera. I am running 10 Exacq servers now and have had no issues at all with Vivotek and ACTi cameras. I have hears of AV cameras having issues with lots of VMS so I have never really considered them.

Might try downgrading the firmware to whatever Exacq recommends, and I'd also lower the reconnection time on the Exacq software from the default 300 seconds I think it is to something lower so if you do power cycle it will reconnect faster.

I have had re-connection issues with Exacq and Sanyo, Axis, Acti, Vivotek, Axis and Arecont. Basically when you would restart the server cameras would take FOREVER to reconnect. Now this is different then the major issues with Arecont where cameras would drop off line with Exacq but are still accessible though the web interface and I could ping them. Only way I could get them to connect again was to power cycle the camera or delete the camera from Exacq and re install the camera. But this is a major issue with Exacq because you only have access to the video when the camera is connected to the system.

FWIW, I've seen a lot of weird issues with Vigil and Arecont as well - things like cameras working fine through web but not showing up in Vigil even though they should.

Don't get me going on another Arecont rant...

I have had re-connection issues with Exacq and Sanyo, Axis, Acti, Vivotek, Axis and Arecont. Basically when you would restart the server cameras would take FOREVER to reconnect. Now this is different then the major issues with Arecont where cameras would drop off line with Exacq but are still accessible though the web interface and I could ping them. Only way I could get them to connect again was to power cycle the camera or delete the camera from Exacq and re install the camera. But this is a major issue with Exacq because you only have access to the video when the camera is connected to the system.

The long time to connect issue is just that it defaults to 300 seconds to attempt to reconnect, set to to 5 seconds or whatever and you should be fine. If it misses the first connection, or you've power cycled the cameras too and they are not fully up then you wait five more minutes before it even tries again at default settings. I set mine to 10-15 seconds and have had no issues.

Why the default is five minutes is beyond me, they should adjust that for sure.

Sorry but the "re-connection time" is a band-aid and does not always work. Why do you even need that setting? When I connect the SAME cameras on the SAME network to Avigilon VMS they connect instantly and every time.

Basically your systems will not be recording video for a minimum of 10-15 seconds when the power goes out and the system restarts. How are you gonna explain that to your customer if they get robbed and they have no video because the cameras didn't reconnect?

yesterday it happened again, and restarting PC only didn't help, camera went on-line only after powering it off and back on (rebooting ups), I came to conclusion that it is camera fault, not vms related as other cameras at the site didn't behave like this, besides i'm running same camera, same firmware with exacq on same configuration pc in several other location and such thing didn't happen until now, besides my colleague told me he had such issue with AV3115 on Nuuo too, camera just lost connection, could be accessed by ie but wasn't able to communicate with VMS until power cycled. I don't think it could be any other component fault as switch port or power supplier, because camera is receiving dc together with IR illuminator but if it could be because of voltage drop or something it would happen in the evening when ir turns on and starts consuming power together with camera, but it happens during day time...