rory

Iview Smart Search

Never dealt with them direct, nor their main distributor which is Ameba ...

But the product itself is pretty good, I mean it has a couple features Id like toi see in it, such as auto load program in full screen, limited user mode cant switch from full screen, thumbnail search, 720x480 (max is 640x480), and Disk Map.

But other than that, its simple to install, never had any issue installing the card on various PCs, just works. Now they got this Smart Search which is good, lets you select areas of a camera to search ... stop as it finds it or just find all and list all them, then you click on them and they play ... so nothing amazing but still a rock solid card as far as how stable it is and easy to install.

Software does 32 cameras also ..

just noticed version 2.8D now has a smart search .. for the iview users who may not have noticed it .. download from www.i-viewusa.com

Rory

Rory, where can I find the Smart Search button? I'm using 2.8e (downloaded from Taiwan site not U.S.) but only see Time & Event Search buttons.

Thanks

I just downloaded and installed it today .. which card do you have?

sorry it is version 2.8e ..

When you goto playback, do a search but only 1 camera ... select all events.

Then on the bottom right there is an icon that looks like it does nothing .. click on that. Ill switch over in a bit to check it out and see what it looks like .. get a snapshot for you.

Rory

8-ch 120fps (1408xxx - forgot suffix). I hope I won't have to revert to 2.8d, but the smart search function is very tempting.

thats the same card i have, its the latest version on their site, 2.8e like you said.

Rory

Rory, out of suspicion that the version 2.8e I downloaded from Taiwan is different than yours, I went to the U.S. site and downloaded ver 2.8e there. Strange thing is, I now have version 2.8f installed, although the web site said 2.8e !

Despite this version confusion, I'm now seeing the Smart Search icon (magnifying glass in red sqaure background), and having fun.

Thanks Rory!! BTW yours is probably ver 2.8f.

probably!! I never noticed the smart search before and I didnt check the version I installed ... e, f ... mussee same thing in taiwan

Its a neat feature, even after having used Geo ..

Well, Version 2.9 just came out an hour ago

Rory, the FTP has it, under the normal folder.

jokin or ...?

you know their ftp is soo slow dont want to waste any more time than is neccassary ;-0

Edited by Guest

Ok there IS a version 2.9 ...

Here is the new item in 2.9 ..

MPEG4(HQ)

Compression method ...

Will leave it on and see how it is.

other than that cant see any other differences.

One thing I did notice even with 2.8f, probably was on older versions, can copy confifuration for cameras from other cameras, such as for recording setup etc.

Rory

btw, check it out, browser or Freeviewt: (only 2 cameras right now but anywayz)

xtreme1.gotdns.com

Rory, pls post your professional opinion on the new MPEG4(HQ) mode when you're done with evaluation.

Provided your feedback is positive, is it possible to share that FTP site with us (anonymous login?). Never mind if the site is retricted to dealers like Herm & you.

The FTP actually is restricted to certain distributors, because it's I-VIEW's own FTP. But I will get all of them, and I'll make a FTP and Download Section on my website, so that older customers who bought this cards from me can have access to the files.

I'll get it done sometime this weekend.

herm.