Rhea

entrance door camera

I am looking for the entrance (main) door camera.. my cams that I have installed are 4-9mm... I need wide angle and great depth focusing as I need to have a closer look at the all width of the entrance stairs.... what optics should I be looking for?

Thanx

I am looking for the entrance (main) door camera.. my cams that I have installed are 4-9mm... I need wide angle and great depth focusing as I need to have a closer look at the all width of the entrance stairs.... what optics should I be looking for?

Thanx

Look for a pinhole camera. There are cameras designed specifically to go in a door like a peephole lens:

187022_1.jpg

Was considering it but... as the light comes from behind (usually it's after 3pm) and it is straight into my door, it might overload the sensor and , as it always is the case, the light from behind will render the persons face(etc) dark , so not recognizable.. am looking for something that might be installed under the roof overhang,over the doors, so there sun light does not interfere...

Thanx

The entrance views..... (the doors on the right in the pic...dark brown doors) and the passage leading to the entrance... My option might be4 a cam(dome with 2-6-12 mm) between the doors under the cover???? The sun won't be directly into the cam so the subjects might be visible and recognizable ...

Suggestions?

Thanx

576594659_Redcamera2012379.jpg.274dd2ca40bd4b84d2f8c411a5fa8498.jpg

1669373676_Redcamera2012380.jpg.31602839abe1172be2cbba5e7c03fa59.jpg

Edited by Guest

So you have to park your car out there too? I might be inclinded to use two cameras actually- if you can do so. One with an appropriate zoom to keep a close eye on the car/street, which looks like it's probably a loitering hangout to me. And a second one to cover the front walk up to the doors- perhaps the one soundy suggested. I assume the houses to the immediate left/right of you aren't yours. In which case yes, above your doors should be ok. The three exterior lights up there may be a bit annoying though. Try to keep the camera in front of them a bit, if you can. If the camera offers WDR and BLC, all the better to help with bright sunshine. Good luck.

Thanx.. the mention of those 2 lights escaped me.. Yes they will be a problem during night as the one on the left(mine) is on all the night... I have one dome to the right under the balcony pointing to my entrance door(one on the left) it gives a clear view of person at my door... but lately I discovered that my tenants(door on the right) are having some strange activities so I decided to keep an eye on the whole 2 door space and entrance into passage leading to the doors... That's my problem

I have a front door cam installed off to the side, under the eaves - maybe 6' away from the door mat and about 7-8' high. This gives a good look at what's going on, both day and night. The camera's a Y-cam style IP cam with IR LEDs but no day/night filter, and the D1 resolution works OK because it's pretty close.

This has a few plusses. It's not affected by sunlight due to the sideways view, and the front door light isn't strong enough to cause problems (23W CFL, I think). It's looking down, which would cause problems if it were right above the door and someone was wearing a hat, but gives a good facial view from the side. It also lets me see if something's on the doorstep, like a package or the paper (my mail just arrived, I see).

If you got the OK to mount one between the left hand door and the middle door, you'd be able to see what's going on at both of them, with a better view of the right hand door than the middle door, and no sunlight issues because you'd be facing the wall. Whether the lights would cause problems would depend on the camera's flexibility with backlighting and such.