Sign in to follow this  
dechowireless

Is anyone familar with the da hua IPC-HDB3200C camera?

I was going to buy a couple of these for my next install and they look like some good cameras. If anyone has experince on them please advise! Also this camera has a lux of .01 is that a good low light setting or not? i know its a quarter moon setting but as to if i can install it under a canopy outside this residential install im not completely sure..

this is the picture of the camera and i dont see any ir's on it...

187111_1.jpg

thanks for your input guys

-----

david nguyen

So, this is an IP camera -- with that in mind it does not necessarily need any IR's -- some vendors have them, some do not. What that means is that you may need to add external illuminators whether they be IR or regular lighting to help this camera out in low-lighting situations. I'll be doing that with my cameras to help them out and have these lights controlled by a motion detector. Anyway, I've got no direct knowledge of this camera -- looks OK from a spec-sheet perspective I think.. Perhaps someone else here will chime in if they have tried it.

hi. not with the new 2mp but i have had a play with the same but only 1.3mp which is under $120.

and was very good like many other 1,3mp.

what are you going to be networking it too ???

hi. not with the new 2mp but i have had a play with the same but only 1.3mp which is under $120.

and was very good like many other 1,3mp.

what are you going to be networking it too ???

im still shopping for a good nvr.. any suggestions?

If it's ONVIF compliant I'd suggest Avigilon.. I've only had it a week and love it but no Dahua's are listed on their compat list but I think you can use any ONVIF compliant camera and be OK -- I think.

If it's ONVIF compliant I'd suggest Avigilon.. I've only had it a week and love it but no Dahua's are listed on their compat list but I think you can use any ONVIF compliant camera and be OK -- I think.

thanks bud

Not so fast...

I have tried using Avigilon with Grandstream cameras (Onvif Compliant) and it didn't work because the protocol was implemented differently between vendors... Had to contact both vendors and they are trying to make it work with the different camera models GrandStream has out on the market (Firmware / Software upgrades.)

Also there seems to be a problem with motion detection implementation with the ONVIF protocol so motion detection might not work. I know Vivotek had trouble in this regard with Avigilon.

To be sure check the Avigilon supported camera list.

http://www.avigilon.com/downloads/acc4/ACC-Support-Devices-4.10.0.48.pdf

Also call Avigilon and check if they have any pending support cases / trouble tickets with camera models you plan to use. Their tech support number is 1.888.281.5182. Better to be safe then sorry.

Good Luck!

Doh! Perhaps that's an indication that the ONVIF protocol could be interpreted differently and may not be completely clear.. Not that I've even tried to read the spec but assumed if two items are ONVIF complaint all would be good.. This is good to hear (or I should say to be aware of).. Hopefully they can work the kinks out if there are any issues, and I will certainly keep this in mind if I'm in a similar situation in the future! Thanks for the heads-up!

I am installing 4 (8) channels NVR's made by Nuuo. Product seems to be good so far. As for the ONvif, almost everyone is right about Onvif incomptability etween IP cameras and NVR's. My recommendation, if the camera is not on the NVR supported list, don't buy it.

So far to me: Onvif is like vodoo....and I don't like vodoo.

I have those re-branded from an online vendor. They work well. Have 2 of them installed under my eves. I have motion lights in my yard so I do not need the IR.