LittleScoobyMaster

Camera bright light bright light

Hey, if you have a surveillance camera that is focusing on a light, say something like a street lamp for days and days, months and months, will it eventually wreck the camera, or wreck any part of the camera in any way?

Also, can a green lazer shined on a surveillance camera wreck it? Especially the high powered green lazers?

http://www.laserglow.com/GAR?gclid=CJOHyJ7ZnK8CFQHNnAodvE26aw

Hey, if you have a surveillance camera that is focusing on a light, say something like a street lamp for days and days, months and months, will it eventually wreck the camera, or wreck any part of the camera in any way?

Also, can a green lazer shined on a surveillance camera wreck it? Especially the high powered green lazers?

http://www.laserglow.com/GAR?gclid=CJOHyJ7ZnK8CFQHNnAodvE26aw

Hmmm... good question, I'd like to the answer to that too as I have a situation where one of my cams looks towards a street light.

No.

And why would you focus on a light anyway?

No.

Verry funny Matt.

Not on the light, just in that general direction.

No.

Verry funny Matt.

Not on the light, just in that general direction.

Sometimes, I might have an area that includes a couple street lights in the photo. Sometimes neighbots might turn on their yard lights and leave them on all night. Sometimes, the fireflys in my neighborhood linger in large swarms. They give off a ton of light.

I had a 30 LED IR Bullet that I shined a red laser pointer into to see if someone could blind the camera enough to do something without being seen. Oddly enough the camera went bad. It would stay on and after awhile it would go out. If I unplugged it and let it sit for awhile, it would come back on when I plugged it in. It also developed some kind of sensitivity to light. Take it for what its worth.