Tried to find this in the user manual but couldn't. Anyone know the max speed?

I have a Class 6 (up to 30MB 200X SDHC 32 Gig unit), but I'm wondering if I should take it back and get a class 10 version instead?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secure_Digital

I'm into performance but I don't want to get a class 10 if this camera can't max out the Class 6 I have.

Class ratings are notoriously unreliable. If it's a standard name brand card, you could check reviews on Amazon or Newegg to see what people say, but the best bet is to hook it up to your PC and measure the time it takes to copy large files to and from it. That still won't guarantee it'll perform the same in other systems, but it's a start.

Class ratings are notoriously unreliable. If it's a standard name brand card, you could check reviews on Amazon or Newegg to see what people say, but the best bet is to hook it up to your PC and measure the time it takes to copy large files to and from it. That still won't guarantee it'll perform the same in other systems, but it's a start.

I should do that. The more I read about sdhc, the more I want the newer 90mb read write versions, but that must be overkill for this cam, but maybe not. It only goes up to 1280x960 and does not do the full 1920x1080 that most hd cams do (camcorders, etc.).

That's a lot less pixels it needs to write compared to most HD cams. Less pixels should equal less write speed needed.

I have a Class 6 (up to 30MB 200X SDHC 32 Gig unit), but I'm wondering if I should take it back and get a class 10 version instead?

I'm into performance but I don't want to get a class 10 if this camera can't max out the Class 6 I have.

Your camera will stream ~ between 1mb-6-8 mb

your card can do as You sad about 30 MB

You do the math

Your camera will stream ~ between 1mb-6-8 mb

your card can do as You sad about 30 MB

You do the math

Where is the 8mb cap listed? Is this in a document somewhere?

Also, that's stream speed. How are you determining the write speed of the camera besides using the potential stream cap of 8MB?

I thought this camera has an unlimited bit rate:

Max bit rate (per client) * = unlimited from the Image\Audio setup page. It does list 8156 at the high end, but it supposedly can go beyond that with the unlimited setting. But I don't think this setting really affects how fast the camera can write to the sdhc card. I think that's a different setting somewhere else. I haven't been able to locate a setting for how fast the camera can write to sdhc so I'm curious where you are getting that 8mb cap.