BangTidy

Security cameras for new construction home - seeking advice

Should start by saying that I've done a a good amount of research and done some searches here, but nothing to specifically address my questions.

I'm building a new home and have wired Cat6 around the house for a variety of different things -- but for HDMI over Ethernet and for security (video/audio).

I have wired for cameras around the inside of the house, and one by the back deck and the front door. I have plenty of camera options to choose from on the analog (using baluns) and IP side.

The dilemma I'm having is that I want the cameras INSIDE of the house to be inconspicuous. I have seen lots of cameras in motion detector housings that will do audio/video, but I'm weary about the quality of the video and also the night vision.

Does anyone have experience with any good quality, but still affordable cameras which may give me the same level of stealth, but will still provide good quality video and audio?

Also I'm open to suggestions on door panel cams for front entry way and any DVRs or video capture software which may be one notch above the rest. Ideally I plan to capture the video and store it offsite in real-time using CrashPlan.

Thanks in advance!

One of my dealers did a large home a year ago (I think around 32K sqft.) and mounted our cameras inside Pelco recess mount housings. They basically look like recessed lights with a smoked glass panel.

The images are very good, and you don't notice the cameras at all. There are around 40 or so cameras in the house.

Hi guys - coming back to this...thanks for the suggestions, but I don't want anything with a huge enclosure.

Anyone have any suggestions on covert/motion detector style cams (in the motion housing, although I don't care if the motion actually works or not) that will be color + support audio and that I could connect using the standard BNC connector via baluns that I have wired using Cat6?

Thanks a ton!

Bang

There are lots of covert cams out there in those style enclosures... the catch is that due to the small form factor (board cameras), most tend to be fairly low quality.

This is the housing

Thanks - but per my couple of messages, I want something covert ... appreciate the insight though!

You can make so many different covert cameras using board cameras with pinhole lenses.

I use hot glue to mount the cameras by the lens housing. a 1/8th inch hol is sufficient in ceiling board or coving. It merely looks like a small blemish if you were to notice it. Such a hole is even less noticeable in furniture or a hollowed out book or file box, tin or ornament on a shelf. You need to be creative at hiding the cables. I have made one very successful one behind a mirror removing a tiny spot of the backing and glueing the camera with hot glue after experimenting with blue tack first.

Inside stereo speakers is another favorite of mine

192997_1.jpg192997_2.jpg192997_3.jpg192997_4.jpg192997_5.jpg192997_6.jpg

CNB makes a 600tvl camera in a smoke detector that we use a good bit, Quality images not great in low light though. I prefer concealing my own but if that's not an option, the CNB is my off the shelf choice.

Thanks all!

For my purposes, this is what I ended up going with: http://www.planetsecurityusa.com/ps-412dpira

Relatively inexpensive and it has enough nighttime illumination and quality is decent enough for the basic stuff that I need around the house + has audio so I can keep tabs on what is happening.

For the purpose, that looks like a cost effective solution, we'd be interested to know

what your feeling is about the performance.

For the purpose, that looks like a cost effective solution, we'd be interested to know

what your feeling is about the performance.

Will be moving in a few weeks and will post some pics and some observations after it's in and been tested!

Got everything else lined up but the DVR!

Wireless home security system is a wonderful option when purchasing a digicam detective method. You'll be able to choose all the possibilities of the classic digicam detective such as entire lean, pot and move, IR warmth diagnosis, alarm connection, and movement diagnosis. The Wireless house digicam method has an additional advantage. It does not need to provide in locations there's an electric powered connection. The digital camera unit is powered most of the time by the nine voltage battery power which normally takes month.

One of many more modern solutions in recent years may be the Internet protocol connection. Fundamentally, having an Internet protocol wireless home security camera, it is possible to safely and securely send out your camera signal over the web for any location on the planet. You may use multiple digicam like you can with classic digicam detective programs. With 1 digicam brings added protection so even if a burglar locates and maybe disables 1 digicam, other digital cameras would carry on and file.

Essentially once more, a radio home security camera is a kind of stability detective that permits you to protect the safety of your house by broadcasting detective video clip to some Recording unit. The property wireless Internet protocol surveillance camera enables that taking unit to get from any location.