alec.mc

What cam would you put here? ( outdoors )

I took a little hiatus from working on my cam system, and im trying to fine tune what I have here. ( revo 16 channel system, with various revo bullets and domes )

I want to place a camera at the peak of my detached garage ( dome maybe? ) to over look my rear driveway and backporch area.

Im thinking a dome might be more aesthetically pleasing, I dont want it to stick out like a sore thumb.

Also, it will be exactly directly above a motion detction flood lights that light up my drive way, Im also thinking about upgrading to a light that is always on from dusk till dawn ( timer ). Im not sure if having the camera sort of directly behind / above the light will work in my favor , or make it more difficult.

Another option would be the rear most low part of the room ( where I took the 2nd picture from ) Should give me a better view of the whole driveway, unless the cam choice for the peak of the roof above the light has such a wide angle it gets everything.

What would you put there?

Budget 100-160.

Either RJ12 connections, or BNC

Here are pictures:

187711_1.jpg

187711_2.jpg

What do you think of this camera?

187712_1.jpg

Here is a quality comparison with this Sony 700tvl Effio dome camera vs. a Sony 520tvl Had dome camera.

Left: 700tvl Sony Effio

Right: 520tvl Sony Had

187712_2.jpg

Be careful installing domes near security lights. This is a prime example of how a picture can go wrong with a security light overhead- and it's not that close but it still causes problems-

187735_1.jpg

The harsh light top left of frame is a security light on a peak and the dome is a good deal lower. Just be careful not to ruin your shot. I would go with a lower placement such as your second picture. The CNB would do well for you but your sony effio eyeball would probably do well too. Choice is yours. Good luck.

I have to agee with soundy here. I just ordered another one which now I have three of these on my property. For the price it has both outstanding day and night time pictures. I am still a newbe but and still learning but I can't see where you can go wrong on that CBN camera.