Sign in to follow this  
Warren

Help needed with the final planing of my home CCTV system

I have decided to go with this computer (I will be using Microsoft with Diginet software)

http://www.esquire-shop.co.za/ProductDescription.aspx?id=1219599

I need a bit of advice on a CCTV card of which I have the following options

http://www.esquire-shop.co.za/Category.aspx?Cat=CCTV+%28PC+Based+DVR+Cards%29&Brand=Esquire

http://www.esquire-shop.co.za/Category.aspx?Cat=CCTV+%28PC+Based+DVR+Cards%29&Brand=Casey

If I go with one of the above Esquire will install the CCTV card for me before I collect the computer.

Alternatively I can buy one of these CCTV cards

http://www.regalsecurity.co.za/Products/SubCats/SUBSUBCAT/DVRs%E2%80%93PC-CARDS/CAT/CCTV-Products/FromTab/Products.aspx

I am looking for a DVR card with no less those 8 Channels preferably 16 though.

With esquire I see all their 8 & 16 channel cards are only 12 – 15 fps. But the resolution seems fine.

With regal I get 100fps (I don’t think I will need that much) but I don’t know what their resolution is.

My main objective is facial recognition. If I catch an intruder I have to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that he is the intruder otherwise the magistrate will throw the case out of court.

I have also been looking at cables. In South Africa the most used cable seems to be RG59.

If I twist a few arms I might be able to get Optic Fibre but that is about the limit in S.A.

I had a look at importing some Cat5e but everyone seems to export through Amazon who will not export electronic equipment to South Africa.

My longest cable leading to a camera on my perimeter wall will be about 55 metres with 3 90° bends alternatively I can run it a shorter route but then it would have to cross my main electrical to my house which is a 220v single phase cable which would reduce the length to about 40m.

hi. everything is no name. specs are also a bit mixed up. your 8 way is a 4 way card with 4 way extention. (so half what spec says) all the rest are CIF. spend that much on a PC and card. you will get alot more if you buy a standalone full D1 25fps

I have looked around & everything seems to be analogue.

The odd one or two that are IP compatible are over R50 000-00 (only the DVR) which is way out of my budget.

I know S.A. is a good few years behind America when it comes to technology, if you find anything that is not out date you need to burn a whole in your pocket to get it.

Last weekend I went to Security World in Northgate shopping centre & saw a Video Audio CCTV Capture Adapter. They wanted to charge me R1499-00 for it.

On Amazon it is $7.95 (about R64-00).

http://www.amazon.com/EasyCap-Model-002-Channel-Capture/dp/B001M547EM/ref=sr_1_38?ie=UTF8&qid=1333879454&sr=8-38

At that price I could buy 10, have it courier, insured & I would still be saving money.

I have looked around & everything seems to be analogue.

The odd one or two that are IP compatible are over R50 000-00 (only the DVR) which is way out of my budget.

hi. but PC and card is going to cost you more and is a lower spec. Dahua DVRs are available in SA from many distributors.

give this member a PM tesc_cctvpro or click here > ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&u=6529

what have i done he might of calm down by now. if not contact him direct on link below.

http://tvt-cctv.co.za/index.php?cPath=57_62_61&osCsid=86fa7ecbd4483dec29ca954e59532541

Diginet is a good move and is one my favorite CCTV programs. It also works well on a fairly low spec computer keeping costs down. You can also integrate your motion detectors and reed switches with Diginet as well. This means you can integrate this package with your security system in the future. You will need a Kio 1616 card for the sensor and control interface though. Luckily, they are quite cheap and can be had for $50.00 and are very often Kodicom orginals. If you want 16 channels of video, you will want a KMC 8416a. This board will allow you 16 channels video and 4 channels of audio. You will be able to view and record 30fps on each channel at CIF resolution. If you run at 640x480, you will be able to record at 15fps on each channel which is more than suffice. Try to get an original if you can. This is also an MPEG4 board so it is more efficient than the Engine K boards like KMC 8800 and 4400 types. If you want this board PM me and I will send you a source that you can wheel an deal with to get ahold of an original KMC 8416A, KIO 1616 and all needed cables for about $250.00. He will try to sell it at $899, but can be talked down to $250.00 It is original Kodicom equipment too and therefore wont give you the problem that comes with the clones at times. Diginet will work with IP cameras well, Acti and Axis brands, but resolution will be 640x480. Best to stick with analog as IP is more expensive. You do not need movie quality video for CCTV. You just need to be able to see what is going on and identify the perpetrators causing your issues or threatening your propery. Choosing the right cameras and lense types will allow you to achieve this with analog. I use all analog equipment. You can download the Diginet 5.2 client for free and I will allow you to view one of my systems and check out the software before you buy (I do not sell this software, so this is to help you out, I gain nothing from it). PM me if you want to do this.

One other thing, if you go with Diginet, you can only use a Kodicom card or clone with it. Any of these will work:

KMC 4400

KMC 8800

KMC 8016

KMC 8416

KIO 1616 for IO, PTZ and alarm integration

Look those up in google and learn about them.

I can tell you anything you want to know about them as well, but if you cannot get original equipment, let me know the source of your clone. Some of the clones are very bad and work erratically.

One other thing, if you go with Diginet, you can only use a Kodicom card or clone with it. Any of these will work:

KMC 4400

KMC 8800

KMC 8016

KMC 8416

KIO 1616 for IO, PTZ and alarm integration

Look those up in google and learn about them.

I can tell you anything you want to know about them as well, but if you cannot get original equipment, let me know the source of your clone. Some of the clones are very bad and work erratically.

Thanks Graphic, my internet has been down today.

I will read up on these card & get back to you.