georges999

CNM Secure H.264 Problem Video Playback Green / Black Lines

I have purchased this unit, installed it and when i try to view on IE 9 I just get green and black lines on video playback, I can JUST about see what the cameras are recording but its just not sufficient

I have no idea what the issue is and cannot understand why either.

Any suggestions?

I have purchased this unit, installed it and when i try to view on IE 9 I just get green and black lines on video playback, I can JUST about see what the cameras are recording but its just not sufficient

I have no idea what the issue is and cannot understand why either.

Any suggestions?

What Windows are you using?

Did you install the ActiveX Plugin?

hi it depends on how old your CNM is some old ones will not allow you to use ie9. some will not. and the other problem you are going to have is you will have to do the same on any remote pc you use with IE9 but with your external ip.

Go to the tools menu in Internet Explorer 9 and click on the Compatibility View Settings option.

Add the IP Address for your DVR into the Add this website text box and click Add.

Click Close

Go to the tools menu again and click on the Internet Options option.

Click the Security tab.

Click on the Trusted Sites icon.

Click the Sites button.

Untick the Require server verification (https: ) for all sites in this zone box (if it is ticked).

Add the IP Address for your DVR into the Add this website to the zone: text box and click Add.

Click Close then Click OK and then Restart your browser.

Thanks for your replies:

coolie11 - Yes i have installed ActiveX and i am running Windows 7 32 bit

tomcctv - I saw your instructions on the CNM website and followed these too, I have restarted browser, no luck, rebooted no luck.

Thanks again for your suggestions, are there any other ideas?

Hi. only other option is to run a driver update on your video card see if that helps.

can you post a pic of your dvr .... how old is it ???

UnInstall the update for IE9 which will bring you back to IE8.

This is a known issue with most units unless they release an update that support IE9.

Thanks all for your input. To throw another spanner in the works, I have tested this on 3 machines:

Machine 1 - Windows XP 32 Bit - IE 8 - Perfect No issues

Machine 2 - Windows XP 32 Bit - IE 8 - Green and Black Lines (I have un installed and re installed IE 8 too)

Machine 3 - Windows 7 32 Bit - IE 9 - (Have setup all the compatibility things as per the instructions on CNM Secure's website but still got the Black and Green Lines.

I will take photos soon if they are going to be beneficial but any ideas in the meantime would be great. Do things like graphics cards and stuff effect this?