thekuai

Dome options for Arecont Vision cameras?

I purchased an av1300m and was wondering what dome options are available for this camera. Must i have to use an AV dome? Can i use a 3rd party outdoor dome? I live in nyc so i do not need the heater option. Your recommendations are appreciated in advance! Thanks!

I had the similar camera once, the 3MP version, and once you put a lens on it, it would be tough to put in a dome. Maybe a 7" dome, the kind the sell on eBay something like this - http://www.ebay.com/itm/7-Outdoor-Dome-Encloser-For-FosCam-Wireless-IP-Camera-/320518172496?pt=PCC_Drives_Storage_Internal&hash=item4aa05f2f50

Hmm...on the arecont vision website they show that their 4" dome fits pretty much their entire lineup:

http://www.arecontvision.com/product/Housings/4+Inch+Dome

Are all dome housings generic? Or do mfg use propritary designs?

When you say i can use an Arecont or 3rd party are you referring to the style in the picture (box cam housing) or dome? I prefer dome for asthetics...i think it is a less intrusive/invasive appearance. This upgrade is for my house and im pretty much the only house on the block with cameras

Check out Videolarm. Pricey, built like a tank, and not ugly.

Most all enclosures support industry standard 1/4x20 screw mount for attaching cams; just need to make sure the enclosure can accommodate the cam+lens+cabling size requirements.

The 4" Arecont dome is well made, but it limits lens options for the standard size Arecont box cams.

I think the arecont dome is pricey at about $150. How could it cost so much? I paid that much for a cnb vcm-24vf!! (vandal proof dome) Does anyone know of more budget friendly domes?