rory

WebGate inc

Since i dont have a non disclosure with webgate or their partners, okay check this out.

http://www.boschsecurity.us/index.aspx?prdctid=3299

Uses the WebGate software, same exact software, same as the Hunt software. So anyone know why Bosch is using WebGate's software? WebGate has been out before bosch had this software, perhaps they are partners or something now?

http://www.webgateinc.com/wgi_htdocs/eng/dist_eng.html

You Decide ..

http://www.bahamassecurity.com/gallery/Bosch/bosch2.jpg

http://www.bahamassecurity.com/gallery/WebGate.htm

Obviously you get the warranty with Bosch, etc, and the product hardware case itself looks a little better Plus im 100% sure its a great product.

When i find things i post them, sorry

how yall like my photo gallery ..

I need to finish the script and get an upload member button for CCTVforum members so yall can add your images, it's been idle since the beginning of this year ..

Its file object based application, which turns it all into static names .. great for search engines. Was actually my test area for a Real Estate photo gallery ..

Yeah, I've seen your gallery before I think. So you can set it up were we could all have a folder with those thumbnail views that others could browse?

That would be way cool! I'll need about a terabyte of space please...

perhaps a TB is too much

Maybe i could do some kind of file sharing, so it uses a share folder on the members own PC ..

I'll have to get out of the windows programming mode though first, and then get back into the scripting mode ..

So do all these companies use the same "archive viewer"? Because I can't figure that one out.

Also I too have a couple of issues with the Bosch playback viewer. The time line scale doesn't seem to work too well, and most importantly it rarely pauses when I hit the pause button.

Rory I have dealt with Bosch for some time and although that campany is a Bosch Partner it does not mean that Bosch Bought it from them, i know that those machines are designed in Eindhoven as the Engineer was at a trade show that I visited fairly recently, the remote client is fairly similar and he did mention to me that a full SDK is available for almost all Bosch Products including the Divar Standalone they sell but I really think it is just a simple copy, but very similar.

Can you ask them the question on who makes it?

WebGate Inc is the manufacturer of WebGate's products ... they had those DVRs and the Cam Manager Software out for years, before bosch bought Phillips Burley. Way back then Phillips was actually using Kalatel's WaveReader Software for their DVRs. They didnt switch the units and from WaveReader until Bosch bought out phillips.

Rememeber Bosch is still a new puppy with the CCTV gear, compared to others, to make things work that quick, sometimes it helps to buy a ready made board, then just work on the software and outer casing side, etc.

From what I can tell, WebGate makes all the video servers that others like the asian link I posted, sell, as well as Hunt of course. WebGate only sells to large distributors or OEM branded, as does Active-Tek, they make their products and OEM it out to others.

Now, who writes the Software, is another story .. that could be anyone ..

Not all Bosch software looks like that, but that 4 channel's software is exactly Identical down to the T ..

Now you know I would never get a reply from either of them regarding that, and if I did, it would be, "why ofcourse we manufacture and write our own software"

If you ask me, but thats only if you ask me, the partners on WebGate's links are major partners that buy bulk OEM boards and powerful SDKs. They then make the actual case and other parts themselves.

Look at it this way, GE which use to be Kalatel, uses Power PC boards, which are customized by Accelerated Technology and loaded with the Nucleus RTOS on chip. GE makes their own cases, solders on the BNC connectors, etc, all that fun stuff, and write their software to work on the Nucleus RTOS. Actually if you look at WaveReader the Network Software they use, it doesnt even say it is a product of Kalatel or GE, actually another company I wont name. But that is the Network Software, not the DVR software ..

Its hard to tell but there is always a main maufacturer of the hardware somewhere, and a software developer living in their own kingdom making a killing off us while we juggle between who made this or who made that

And since they signed a paper saying they wont tell or they loose all that money, they will never tell us who they are ..Arghhhh!

Perhaps you are correct, but I doubt a company of Bosch's size with it's own programmers would boast about making the software if they did not, I heard they spend 16% on r and D alone thats 16% of 640 Billion Euro of course that is probably sales garb and also would include all their products but if that is the case it would be weird for them to have software engineers and then outsource it.

But you are right they are only new in the game since the Germans took over so anything is possible, I might ask our Rep next time he comes in kissing our butts.