Sign in to follow this  
EOppie

Where to buy 1/2'' CS Mount IR Corrected Lens

Hey guys, I have a Arecont AV3115 DN camera without a lens. I am looking for a source to purchase a 1/2'' Mount IR Corrected Lens. While I realize that this is the place to spend some money on a nice piece of glass, I am looking at a lower end budget. Ideally, I would like to stick to under $100 for the lens.

Anyone have a source? I have been poking about eBay, and it seems most on there have a DC iris, which this camera does not support.

Hey guys, I have a Arecont AV3115 DN camera without a lens. I am looking for a source to purchase a 1/2'' Mount IR Corrected Lens. While I realize that this is the place to spend some money on a nice piece of glass, I am looking at a lower end budget. Ideally, I would like to stick to under $100 for the lens.

Anyone have a source? I have been poking about eBay, and it seems most on there have a DC iris, which this camera does not support.

Search ebay for MPL4, and you'll get hits on 2 Arecont brand 1/2" lenses - their 4mm fixed focal for $70, and their 4-10mm varifocal for $97. I have the 4-10mm, and it's a decent, solid, fairly compact lens, if not the fastest around. It's hard to beat it for the money, is rated for use with their 5MP cams, and it fits in most of their housings, if that matters.

Thanks man. I will keep my eyes on that one.

Right now I have been watching a MPL8-16 on there as well.

Fujinon makes some good auto iris varifocal lens rated at 3 MP and they are 1/2". they are pretty good too, under $100. The one I used is not IR corrected but does keep a pretty good focus even in low light.

Right now I have been watching a MPL8-16 on there as well.

Did you get one of those? I put a casual bid in, but was running late and didn't have time to watch the auctions. They went for reasonable prices.