Blueish

Alternate remote-access software for Swann?

I have a Swann DVR08. Everything it's supposed to do is working - remote access via Internet Explorer and on my Android phone, motion detection, etc. Yeah, could benefit from better resolution, but it's doing the job.

But the IE8 ActiveX plug-in is the only supported remote view on a computer... and there is no recorded video playback on the Android app. Are there any alternative programs that can access these DVRs and play the clips more robustly?

Nothing? We're stuck with just the app that comes with the DVR?

hi. with a budget unit you are stuck with what you have.

could benefit from better resolution,

this will be comming from your dvr. again you cant make it any better

Remote views will only be so good- never as good as locally at the dvr. As long as you've adjusted settings to give the best view you can remotely, that's all you have. The more crumby thing is that the dvr doesn't have any remote software, as opposed to just web access. That's unfortunate. Web access is usually fine, but software is always nicer to use. If you can, maybe consider a dvr upgrade. And now that you know what you want and need, be sure the next one has it. Good luck.

Have you tried the Swann NetViewer program? They have it listed for download under 2 models: DVR4-2500 and DVR8-2500. I don't know if it will work with your model, but the worst that can happen is it won't connect.

http://www.swann.com/downloads/drivers/DVR_2500/Netviewer-Swann_V1.2.7.233-ENU.exe

By the way, the entire directory tree under http://www.swann.com/downloads/ is open and accessible.

Has anyone ever got the swann netviewer working with a -1200 dvr??

i have the dvr8-1200, uses the active x based remote viewing crap,

when i try with netviewer i just got 'logon failed' all the time,

tried the internal ip on my network, the external ip, the ddns name i have etc, but it just wont log in to the dvr.