camera-newbie

Wiring Inovonics PIR Receiver to Avigilon Encoder...

Ok.. So I'm trying to connect my Optex/Inovonics hardware to the Avigilon encoder I've been running for a while now and want to make sure I'm following the directions on the wire connections.

First of all :

The Inovonics receiver is the EN4216MR -- installation manual is here.

The Avigilon encoder manual is here.

The Avigilon manual states for inputs :

To activate, connect the Input to the Ground pin. To deactivate, leave disconnected or apply between 3-15 V.

The Inovonics manual indicates (figure 4) that there are 6 form-C relay connections -- either normally open or normally closed.

I'm thinking that I need to connect pin2 of the Avigilon (ground) to something but will admit that I'm not sure how to proceed.. I suspect it's super simple but want to ensure I don't nuke my not-so-cheap hardware. Can someone point me in the right direction?

My first hunch is that the ground/common from the Avigilon box should be switched back around to input 1 on itself -- with it running between the common and NO connections on the Inovonics receiver module.. Is that about right?

You have the h.264 encoder correct? They take a dry contact in put and if I remember correctly 2 is the ground and 3 is input 1

My Inovonics receiver will be here Monday.

Yes.. your pinouts are correct as well.. I've never wired a dry-contact type of switch before and only a handful of relays in my days. hence my concern with doing it correctly. Overall, Optex/Inovonics stuff seems to be well built.. I wish the Optex HX40 had a bit more metal in it -- it'll be interesting to see how it fairs in the UV even if it is an outdoor rated item.

Yes.. your pinouts are correct as well.. I've never wired a dry-contact type of switch before and only a handful of relays in my days. hence my concern with doing it correctly. Overall, Optex/Inovonics stuff seems to be well built.. I wish the Optex HX40 had a bit more metal in it -- it'll be interesting to see how it fairs in the UV even if it is an outdoor rated item.

do u need diagram how to connect ?