yeliya

30 feet is enough?

100s feet is longer than 10s feet, but does the former one work better than the latter?

Our baby is upcoming. We plan to select some useful tools for it. One of my friend recommended me to turn to a baby monitor. Then I just searched on Amazon and noted a fun difference on the IR distance. It varies from 30 feet to 300 feet.

So, I wonder, what can we do if our baby located out of 300 feet? Don't you think 30 feet work more suitably than 300 feet?

Hope you share your opinions on this parameter.

Your baby's room must be huge if you are concerned about IR reaching up to 300' .

Normally, you dont need or want a whole lot of IR shining down on your baby. I wouldnt go all out with a giant IR camera in your baby's room, just go with something small.

Sean is right.. There was another thread here somewhere talking about IR + Babies and whether its a good thing or not.. I won't get into it here -- you can use the search feature in the top-right corner to locate the thread and make your own decision..

Also, I hope your baby isn't wandering the neighborhood at night -- hence the need for the 300' IR..

Your baby's room must be huge if you are concerned about IR reaching up to 300' .

Normally, you dont need or want a whole lot of IR shining down on your baby. I wouldnt go all out with a giant IR camera in your baby's room, just go with something small.

Ya, go with something small.

So, why is there some cameras with 300 feet ir distance? Bigger number stands for more cost.

Haven't those designers or manufacturers consider this before?

Sean is right.. There was another thread here somewhere talking about IR + Babies and whether its a good thing or not.. I won't get into it here -- you can use the search feature in the top-right corner to locate the thread and make your own decision..

Also, I hope your baby isn't wandering the neighborhood at night -- hence the need for the 300' IR..

Suddenly, it occurs to me that 300 IR should be used for outdoor surveillance, not for baby care!

whether it is possible that one camera that is for outdoor security in reality is used as baby monitor later?

bottom line, dont use 300' ir cameras in your babies room, not only is it pointless, but you risk blinding the little booger.

Lol! Is that you signed up as "bluewinkle" over at cam-it.org? What the heck brought that on, Yeliya? You're not related to buellwinkle, are you?

Lol! Is that you signed up as "bluewinkle" over at cam-it.org? What the heck brought that on, Yeliya? You're not related to buellwinkle, are you?

It is a fun topic. I took that here. " title="Applause" />