Razer_SE

IP8332 hue adjustment anywhere? Bad camera?

Quick question, I've installed easily over 60 of the 8332 cameras now and had zero issues. Yesterday two out of the five cameras that worked great in the shop were messed up after install.

The hue is off, and off badly. On the latest 1.09 firmware they are all pink or rose colored everywhere. I rolled back to an older 1.04 firmware and they are all grey, looks almost black and white except that blue shows up perfectly. I know this is hue being out of whack, but I've never seen a hue adjustment anywhere. It not software related as it looks the same in the camera as in does in software, and the firmware change will adjust it.

Is it just two cameras that are bad, or have I just never seen the correct adjustment in the camera? Kind of funny, but I need to get it fixed lol. Thanks for any suggestions!

without knowing these cameras specifically, you might consider forcing them to go back to factory defaults and see if that changes anything.. They could be bad if that doesn't help any..

I don't think there's a specific hue adjustment on these, at least I can't find it on mine. I too upgraded to 1.09 but quickly went back to 1.04. They've improved the horrible night vision issues in 1.05 but I was still getting a lot of weird tiling so went back to old reliable 1.04.

Thanks for the replies, I was pretty sure there was no adjustment but thought I'd ask.

I also noticed that night quality was horrible on the 1.09 firmware after reviewing footage from last night so I rolled the worst one back to 1.04 and will see how that looks tomorrow. Not sure what went wrong on the two cameras, they were perfect in the office when I got them ready, but once up they are both doing the exact same things. Going to replace them I guess, I have more here ready so no big deal.

I had something very similar on one of my IP8332s just a few days ago, and it turned out the IR cut filter wasn't switching out of night mode every time.

Switching it manually through the web page, you could hear a distinct click when it was switching correctly. When it was bad, it made 2 softer clicks going from night to day (trying to switch, then dropping back into night position), then no click going from day to night. It would also work better upside down than rightside up.

Mine's not under warranty, so I took it apart and reseated the two panes that switch between IR filtered and unfiltered, and it's doing OK now.

FYI - Changing back to 1.04 made a huge difference in my night quality, I think I'm just going to make sure they all go out with 1.04 on them and call it done as they work fine there.

Other than this first issue I've never had the first hint of trouble with the 8332 cameras, I love them. I'm hoping there will be some others coming at around $300 that can compete at some point. The ACTi TCM-1111 is the closest so far, I actually like that one fine too though there is some firmware roughness yet that a couple of updates should fix. Took me forever to get a good night picture, but now that they are working well I may eventually move to them. Had to turn down the night mode exposure target a ton, but now they are working great for me.