Looking to run all my network wires to a central location along with camera cat5 wires and power wires.

What is the most aesthetic way of running the cat 5 wires? I will have about ten including cameras plus 4 power wires.

Should I run conduit down from ceiling or use that wire raceway conduit... I dint want to just

Cut a hole in ceiling and drop them down

Your best bet is to see what others have done.. Do a google search on the phrase "structured wiring" and you'll get tons of hits. I've got mine in the garage, on the wall and have 2.5" grey low-voltage plastic conduit running down from the attic into some panels.. I've got probably 75+ cables coming in this way for phone, video, ethernet and stuff for monitoring my solar panels inverters.

I like to use Panduit slotted duct for things like this. Comes in 6' lengths. Run it from the ceiling to wherever you need it on the wall.

190018_1.jpg

Ok, thanks for the idea.

Now my next problem is should I try to jumper off of the power outlet in the next room that backs up against the closet or should I run a new wire from the breaker box

I possibly can go to the linen closet if She who must be obeyed lets me... . That closet is where the intake fan is for the ac/furnace so it may be a bit dustier but at least its better climate controlled. I can also jump of the outlet for the furnace that is direcly behind it but should I do that? I am worried about power spikes or dips when the furnace turns on.

In general, I'd avoid being on the same circuit as anything HVAC related (for ANYTHING, not just CCTV).

I'd do the math on the amperage load to determine if you need to pull a new circuit for all your equipment. If it's relatively easy to do to pull a new one, just do it. If there is a difficulty or inexperience factor, just be SURE you won't overload whatever circuit you do use.

I think the hardest part would be hooking it up to the breaker box. I have a single story home with an attic. This dvr would be right on the wall on the other side of my furance so it would be easy to spot the big pipe coming up to the attic. I should have a pretty easy time of finding the spot to drill at.

Had to go into the attic tonight to look at some things. I have an idea of where I want the 2 cameras in the front of my house but unsure of how I want to run the wire...

Should I run the wire in a conduit for the cameras (cat5 plus separate power wire) or just lay it on my insulation or staple it into the trusses in the attic. I figured I would mount the cameras onto my eves or soffitt. I figured if I put conduit going to the outside cameras it would be easier to install another wire in the future.

I HATE attics...always have the fear of falling through the ceiling plus I hate insulation