jaybirdy2k

ARE THESE CAMERAS AND DVR ANY GOOD?

I AM NEW TO THIS AND SEEN THIS CAMERAS.I HAVE A WAREHOUSE THAT WILL NEED IR AT A LONG DISTANCE.WILL THESE FOG UP IN FLORIDA WEATHER? DOES THE IR LIGHTS LAST FOR A LONG TIME.I AM ALSO LOOKING AT THE ECLIPSE NUBIX16LT MPEG4 STANDALONE DVR HAS ANYONE USED THIS BRAND?LINKS TO THE CAMERAS http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5809448560&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1 http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5809094517&sspagename=ADME:L:RTQ:US:1 THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP..

These cameras are made for the illusion that you have good cameras, they are basically "dummys". Very poor quality

scottj

Sorry Scott, you are wrong in one thing...

These cameras are made with the illusion that they have 2 cannons that are aimed at you in case you get caught by them.

that's ultimate security.

does sharp make an exview chip??

You would want to check out ExtremeCCTV.com

Also, what kind of distance are you looking at?

Rory

For outdoors pretty much no, but for inside a small room, something in that price range should work ok. AT least if you are going to try it, get a BW camera with IR, not color. Provideo has some a little higher than that price that should do it, but depends if it is wide open space (harder - need more powerful IR), or an enclosed area.

They are OEM, pretty much the same products. KT&C will be better though as they choose some better manufacturers, but also cost more. KT&C is more like the range of Provideo. None of them make their cameras though, they just rebadge them. But in the land of Bullet cameras, most of them are sold by brands like these.

Best thing to do is, choose a camera for the location, if it is low light at night, use a BW camera, if it is enough light, use a color camera, if it gets near pitch dark, then use a BW with IR, if it is an indoor room not too large, and gets dark, then you could look at a Color with IR. Provideo has a couple IR Bullets that can do around 30', watch out though most with 6-10LEDs cant see beyond 10 feet, and do basically nothing outdoors in wide areas.

True Day Night cameras with/without IR will cost alot more, Provideo AND KT&C both have a version of these, as well as many other manufacturers, ExtremeCCTV is one of the leaders in this area. Other high end cameras like this but no IR, though have IR response, are Sanyo, Panasonic, GE, etc. and for an IP camera you can look at the Acti gear.

A True Day Night camera is a color that switches to a lower lux BW version for extra sensitivity in low light, and also has an auto (also known as a mechanical) IR Cut Filter which turns on in the day to cut out the IR from the sun, etc, and cuts off at night for IR response. Without an IR Cut Filter, colors will look messed up to put it simply - especially green. Color cameras that are just color cameras all have fixed IR Cut Filters as they dont need any IR Response. This is why you will find al cheap Color IR cameras have no IR Cut Filter to keep the cost down.

Last note on cheaper OEM type cameras, you will normally find they cannot handle lighting issues very well, be it bright light or abrupt changes in light levels.

Rory

Jaybirdy,

I have a camera that fits within your budget and it delivers a crisp video with good colors during the day, auto switch to B/W in low lux situation due to IR cut filter. It is an outdoor Sony DSP OEM model, made in Taiwan. For the money it is worth it. Viewable range is stated at 30 feet, but actually about 25 feet is more like it. 480 TVL, bullet style with 12 IR's. I can link you up to a online demo tomorrow in our office if you wish to see it over the web (may give you an idea).

PM me if interested, price is within your budget.

Scott

My opinion is that you first need to calculate your lux level and your scene reflectance (am I the only person who uses a digital camera to get this reading?), sometimes spending money ona good "Day Night" camera is all that is needed, it would be pretty rare that you would actually need IR Lighting to get a result.

I have found the best IR lighting equipment to be Extreme CCTV, they have several options and several different lens options which can spread the IR beam either short and wide or long and narrow, the best of these would be the UF500 or the UF100 (less voltage), I would only use this equipment if you are using a True B/W camera or a REAL Day Night camera with the filter removal option that Rory mentioned.

Lens F-Stop will also be a contributing factor, the camera you showed with that link, will be ok for a life of 12 months and will work ok on a small narrow beam for about 6', remember that when choosing the correct IR equipment you also need to consider the nm value, there are usually three options, ranging from Bright Red to Invisable and the perfomance is better with the Burning Red Glow (even if you could sunbake next to one)

I would not buy that camera option for inside and would buy a camera with removable filter and a IR Lens, this means if you really need the IR later you can add it and you can still take advantage of the moonlight IR.

i am looking for a cheaper color ir camera with at least 30' of night shot.i am trying not to spend anymore than 135.00 is this possable.

In his situation Extreme CCTV is out of the question. Hence the budget.

Scottj

Yeah I forgot to mention all Infrared LEDs and Bulbs have a life cycle, in other words eventually the IR LEDs or Bulbs burn out. LEDs last longer but bulbs give you the greatest distance. I change the bulbs every 2 years approx on the UF500 from Extreme CCTV, but heck does that baby flood the area ))

The UF500 is certainly the best IR i have seen yet, I particulary like using two of them at once, it really is almost too brght in some cases.

You should be carefull to select a good B/W camera when using IR lighting or a camera with an excellent dynamic range as the contrast differences can be very extreme with IR lighting.

As for fog, there are at least two cameras in the market that can actually see thtrough a smoke filled or fog laden environment, they can do this due to their ability to increase the contrast level.

Yeah I got 2 UF500s at a driveway here, nice and also easy to change the bulb when it does go. have you tried the UF600's yet? I havent yet but supposed to be even more flood. Also they have the 3000km now, pricey but would be nice to have somewhere to test them out. Cant think of anywhere here I could even test those out, yet, except for the beach and ocean here, but then Id actually have to buy it first

And you are right on with the too much light, those suckers can burn your skin, and eyes, if you are too close .. thats what my oaks are for

looks like we are in the same game

I do not do much in the way of IR. I actually prefer not to if it is avoidable put quite simply; most people can not afford the price for that kind of quality component and I refuse to use those budget IR cameras, so I usually suffice with a higher priced low light camera that allows IR light for example a camera that has a removable filter.

There are not too many situations that require much more than this but I have done a lot of expensive houses that back onto water and water is not good for reflecting light at night time so using either the UF100 or the UF500 always gets amazing results!

Dude same here, but like you said alot of people cant afford it. I too refuse to use a day night camera that doesnt have a IR cut filter, it pains me actually, so much Id rather just use a cheap BW camera first, and add IR later.

Ive been fortunate to install at least 2 locations that used a bunch of EX82's and one of them used 2 UF500s with a Sanyo Day Night Camera in the EX29 housing.