S&G Controls

LT Security Cameras VS. CNB Cameras

Hello everyone,

As far as image quality viewing over mobile application on iPhone, which of the two companies produce better image quality?

I need cameras that can produce higher quality over mobile application.

Please advise!

perhaps give us specific models. CNB is a manufacturer. LT is a re-seller who buys from different manufacturers.

Hello everyone,

As far as image quality viewing over mobile application on iPhone, which of the two companies produce better image quality?

Please advise!

Hi. viewing over wan or mobile network will have nothing to do with camera choice. (camera to dvr yes) but a system with a media stream is always better than a java stream which is a refresh image.

how many cameras ???

perhaps give us specific models. CNB is a manufacturer. LT is a re-seller who buys from different manufacturers.

CMD3270DW or CMSD3852 SDI (new item)vs. IDC4050IR

Does full HD really make a big difference assuming network bandwidth being above 5mbps down 2.5mbps up.

Hello everyone,

Please advise!

Hi. viewing over wan or mobile network will have nothing to do with camera choice. (camera to dvr yes) but a system with a media stream is always better than a java stream which is a refresh image.

how many cameras ???

4 CH to 16 CH. As for DVR I'm trying to use LTD2516HE

This DVR is CIF @ 30fps/CH

D1 @ 30fps/CH

For a good quality viewing over iphone, which cameras would you recommend? I have used QSEE, nightowl w/ CCD in the past but it's still not crisp and clear enough to my standard.

Thank you.

I couldn't find any info on the LT site about that SDI camera, but that DVR won't work with SDI anyway. SDI is a high-bandwidth uncompressed digital interface that runs about 3Gbps for 1080p video. To use SDI cameras, you need an SDI DVR... to use both SDI and analog cameras together, you need an SDI/analog hybrid DVR, and I don't see one of those listed, only a couple four-channel SDI DVRs.

The CNB camera you listed is an IP camera; it communicates over the network, and also won't work the DVR you listed - you need either an NVR (network video recorder), or IP/analog hybrid DVR, such as the LTD304-HYBRID or LTD409-HYBRID. It's also over four times the resolution of the analog CMD3270DW.

Perhaps it would be more efficient if you just spelled out what your operational requirements are, as well as your budget, and maybe we can just suggest some appropriate equipment, rather than comparing apples, oranges, and kumquats.

I couldn't find any info on the LT site about that SDI camera, but that DVR won't work with SDI anyway. SDI is a high-bandwidth uncompressed digital interface that runs about 3Gbps for 1080p video. To use SDI cameras, you need an SDI DVR... to use both SDI and analog cameras together, you need an SDI/analog hybrid DVR, and I don't see one of those listed, only a couple four-channel SDI DVRs.

The CNB camera you listed is an IP camera; it communicates over the network, and also won't work the DVR you listed - you need either an NVR (network video recorder), or IP/analog hybrid DVR, such as the LTD304-HYBRID or LTD409-HYBRID. It's also over four times the resolution of the analog CMD3270DW.

Perhaps it would be more efficient if you just spelled out what your operational requirements are, as well as your budget, and maybe we can just suggest some appropriate equipment, rather than comparing apples, oranges, and kumquats.

Thank you for that information Soundy.

I have listed below my requirements as well as budget for this project.

Operational Requirement:

3G capability with crisp & clear video output

Exact time frame search capability

24/7 Recording operational capability w/o any losses

Budget:

$1000~$2500

Since there is no pricing information on CNB products, is their pricing reasonable?

"Crisp and clear" is far too subjective and ultimately meaningless. It's also entirely relative - "as crisp and clear as you can get over 3G" is not the same thing as "as crisp and clear as you can get plugging the camera directly into a TV" and some concessions have to be made for the limited bandwidth.

You state bandwidth is "5mbps down 2.5mbps up" but that's irrelevant when you're viewing over 3G, where your bandwidth will be much lower. The client will have to be made to understand, you can only get a certain level of "crisp and clear" with mobile and concessions WILL have to be made SOMEWHERE... probably starting with a very low framerate.

The other two requirements could apply to just about any DVR from $300 to $3000 and again, are virtually useless to work from. How many channels? How many cameras? What are the requirements for the cameras themselves? Indoor or outdoor? What kind of angles/views? What kind of lighting? Is the listed budget for the recorder alone, or for the recorder and cameras together? Does it include installation?

Is this a good system build?

LT Security System:

(1) x LTD2516FD Enterprise DVR

http://www.ltsecurityinc.com/en_us/product/606.html

(16) x CMD3570D

http://www.ltsecurityinc.com/en_us/product/719.html

Has anyone used LT system before? How does it compare to QSee/Nightowl products?

Not familiar with either of these... the specs on the camera are okay, but not stellar. I'm leery of any IR camera that doesn't list its REAL (non-IR-aided) night-mode lux. Look up the CNB VCM-24VF and check the lux numbers on that.

All that for $2500, I'd be really suspicious of the quality - you could easily spend that just on the 16 cameras.

"Crisp and clear" is far too subjective and ultimately meaningless. It's also entirely relative - "as crisp and clear as you can get over 3G" is not the same thing as "as crisp and clear as you can get plugging the camera directly into a TV" and some concessions have to be made for the limited bandwidth.

You state bandwidth is "5mbps down 2.5mbps up" but that's irrelevant when you're viewing over 3G, where your bandwidth will be much lower. The client will have to be made to understand, you can only get a certain level of "crisp and clear" with mobile and concessions WILL have to be made SOMEWHERE... probably starting with a very low framerate.

The other two requirements could apply to just about any DVR from $300 to $3000 and again, are virtually useless to work from. How many channels? How many cameras? What are the requirements for the cameras themselves? Indoor or outdoor? What kind of angles/views? What kind of lighting? Is the listed budget for the recorder alone, or for the recorder and cameras together? Does it include installation?

I apologize. I should have been more specific.

I'm looking for 16 ch. DVR 16 Cameras all indoor.

Vari-focal dome cams would be nice but fixed will do the job.

Budget is with DVR and cameras together excluding installation.

I understand that over 3G, quality of camera output is limited. However in the past when I swapped regular camera to CCD technology camera, I did see a difference in quality over 3G.

Almost all analog cameras are CCD - there must have been other differences. The CNBs I noted are highly recommended and work very well in low light without need for IR, but generally go for about $160 and up, which would eat up your budget right there.

Specs-wise the components look fine, but I'm not familiar with the brand. As Sean notes above, they appear to simply be a reseller who sell products from various manufacturers under their own brand name... nothing wrong with that, but you have to look at the actual manufacturer of the gear to better judge its quality. Going just from the specs though, that should all suit the needs you've listed (you might be able to reduce costs more by using indoor-only cameras).

CNB can deal with most lighting conditions even direct into a screen. i would look at cameras without IR they always become a problem.

just taken from a remote DVR CNB.

190276_1.jpg

I understand that over 3G, quality of camera output is limited

which app does the LT system use ???

CNB can deal with most lighting conditions even direct into a screen. i would look at cameras without IR they always become a problem.

just taken from a remote DVR CNB.

190276_1.jpg

I understand that over 3G, quality of camera output is limited

which app does the LT system use ???

Thank you for the sample screen shot.

But do you happen to have a sample screen shot of viewing over 3G?

LT system does not have their own application. It's really up to the end user and personally, I have been using "SuperCAM" or "Mobile Eye" off App Store.

CNB seems a better choice over all but how is CNB products compared to Honeywell products?

I'm in the Building Automation System industry and we are looking to become a dealer/distributor for one of these companies. The only reason I was looking at LT system is because the job is not for a professional building. It is for a small business and I'm trying to meet their budget under one condition. Better quality over 3G. lol hence that is why I am very picky about over 3G quality right now...

As far as quality... are IP cameras better or analog cameras better?