ATL_Service

Help Troubleshooting Dead Pelco Spectra III DD53C22

Hi,

New poster to the forum, but have read many posts and it has been a great resource.

I recently acquired a Pelco Spectra III PTZ with the DD53C22 camera. When I power it up it does nothing, no video and no movement of the camera. The back box green led is lit indicating power but when the camera is inserted the red led near the service port flashes once, then nothing. The only thing I've noticed is that when left powered for awhile the base of the camera will get warm. Any troubleshooting suggestions would be appreciated as I have no experience with the Spectra's. I've read that that the camera power supply can be an issue on these cameras citing the DD53KIT.

Thanks

I recently acquired a Pelco Spectra III PTZ with the DD53C22 camera. When I power it up it does nothing, no video and no movement of the camera.

hi. sounds like it needs a new board. with no video or setup move then it sounds dead. did you buy it new ???

you can get the board but test the camera direct before you spend money if it was secondhand

Hi Tom, yes it is a used camera with unknown history. You would suspect the camera's power board or the back box board? How would I go about testing the camera directly? Thanks