I have Axxon Smart installed on my server, but I'm not currently using it. It's probably #2 on my ranking of free NVR software. The installation is pretty heavy, the program itself is slow (slow to install, slow to start up, slow to respond). It has no problem connecting to my Rainbow(Dynacolor) cameras using the ONVIF or Dynacolor drivers. I don't think I was able to get the camera's internal motion detect working, but I am able to control many of the camera's settings from within Axxon. The intelligent video analytic features seem to work well, but obviously use up some resources. One drawback I've discovered is that it doesn't have the ability to email snapshots, unless I just missed that setting somewhere. Otherwise it seems pretty good as far as functionality, and it's easy to use. The only reason I'm not using it now is because the software motion detect uses too much CPU and I couldn't get camera MD working. I haven't uninstalled it yet because I still want to try to make it work, but I'm testing another one right now.

Whats are the specs of the computer you are using?

I have Axxon Smart installed on my server, but I'm not currently using it. It's probably #2 on my ranking of free NVR software. The installation is pretty heavy, the program itself is slow (slow to install, slow to start up, slow to respond). It has no problem connecting to my Rainbow(Dynacolor) cameras using the ONVIF or Dynacolor drivers. I don't think I was able to get the camera's internal motion detect working, but I am able to control many of the camera's settings from within Axxon. The intelligent video analytic features seem to work well, but obviously use up some resources. One drawback I've discovered is that it doesn't have the ability to email snapshots, unless I just missed that setting somewhere. Otherwise it seems pretty good as far as functionality, and it's easy to use. The only reason I'm not using it now is because the software motion detect uses too much CPU and I couldn't get camera MD working. I haven't uninstalled it yet because I still want to try to make it work, but I'm testing another one right now.

i like this free nvr soft.

it just work. fast. no license needed. brilliant.

Intel core i3 2100 3.1Ghz dual core, 4GB RAM, Radeon HD 5450 1GB. Four cameras at 1920x1080 15-30 fps. I'm running Windows Home Server which is not supported, that may be the issue, but it installed without errors. The machine runs other NVR software without any problem, Axxon is just laggy in comparison to others.

I'm currently using Genius Vision. The Community edition is free for 16 cameras and it's loaded with features. It's a little difficult to setup and learn, and some of the translations from Chinese are a little strange, but it just plain works once you figure it out. It's a Server/Client type system, and some/all of the video analitic load can be put on one or more client machines. I could see how this would be ideal for very large installations.

http://geniusvision.net/community/

i like this free nvr soft.

it just work. fast. no license needed. brilliant.

I cant stand software demos that are dubbed with music.

Just makes it marketing hype.

That's free software that compliments their NVRs', not an NVR software solution.

I don't like the techno music used and I would have used Carl Orff's chorus of O Fortuna. Adds more drama and passion.

I cant stand software demos that are dubbed with music.

Just makes it marketing hype.

i have no speaker.

look like it work very good.

i like much. it is brilliant.

That's free software that compliments their NVRs', not an NVR software solution.

it is nvr software.

and it free.

you like? it work good.

Where do you download it from?

but if u want. u can download from maker.

no license for camera using. good yes?