Integraoligist

New setup for small shop. Where to position and what camera?

Nice. Thanks Soundy. How does the picture quality compare?

It's still in for a couple days for testing and comparison while I tweak the settings, but here are some preliminary shots.

First from the VSX (2MP, 1600x1200, 3.3-12mm lens set at full-wide):

192444_1.jpg

192444_2.jpg

192444_3.jpg

Then the Dahua (2MP, 1920x1080, 3.6mm lens):

When I first installed it, it was right beside the VSX, and got a lot of glare from the lights below:

192444_4.jpg

So I moved it over to where you see it in the photo above:

192444_5.jpg

Then at night:

192444_6.jpg

Then I switched it to B&W and upped the bandwidth a bit:

192444_7.jpg

And finally, this morning:

192444_8.jpg

It doesn't switch to B&W itself until it gets pretty dark, so I set it on a schedule... it does seem a little clearer in low light when it goes to B&W, despite not being TDN - less color artifacting from the gain boost, I suppose.

Call and complain to Aver. Don't get off the phone with them until they promise to make it work..
I already did again recently. I think you need to now.

I stepped up to the plate

I sent a request to ask if the camera can be added to the Nano. I received a response within a day saying that it should work if the camera is ONVIF v1.02 compliant because that's what the Nano uses and that my request for integration was sent to the Product Manager.

I'll follow up within the next week or two.

Groovyman;

Its good you called.

Did you chat with Mark from Aver tech support?

The more requests they receive the more likely they will start working on its compatibility.

Call and complain to Aver. Don't get off the phone with them until they promise to make it work..
I already did again recently. I think you need to now.

I stepped up to the plate

I sent a request to ask if the camera can be added to the Nano. I received a response within a day saying that it should work if the camera is ONVIF v1.02 compliant because that's what the Nano uses and that my request for integration was sent to the Product Manager.

I'll follow up within the next week or two.

After much toying with RTSP stream, I got this to work in Aver. Seems to work best at 15 FPS, anything over that, the aver cant seem to handle it. Also, its best to keep the bit rate at 4Mbps or less, otherwise their is dropped frames if you increase it past that, seems the aver's processor just cant handle the extra bit rate. But at 15 FPS and 4Mbps, it looks pretty good.

Soundy, how was the overall testing?

Decent... but not fantastic with the harsh lighting involved. I think for this particular customer at least, these cameras will be better-suited if they need higher res in well-lit areas... unfortunately the areas they really want MP are in the public areas, which are all dark at night; all the good lighting is reserved for back-of-house where they aren't really concerned about the resolution.

However, we are adding this to our arsenal, and should the need arise for better detail back-of-house, I think it will be the first choice.

Finally getting the shop completed and need to start ordering the cameras. I thought the Evesurv cameras were the best of the bunch for $200 range via everyones posts on here... so I came on here to get the link off the side of the page... and it's gone. doh!

Found their site but it looks like it's been through the ringer compared to fully operational like last month. Anyone have any experience with ordering from those guys? I dont want to order up some cameras and they screwup within a year... contact the company and they be out of business.

Finally getting the shop completed and need to start ordering the cameras. I thought the Evesurv cameras were the best of the bunch for $200 range via everyones posts on here... so I came on here to get the link off the side of the page... and it's gone. doh!

Found their site but it looks like it's been through the ringer compared to fully operational like last month. Anyone have any experience with ordering from those guys? I dont want to order up some cameras and they screwup within a year... contact the company and they be out of business.

I put nine of the 2MP domes in a professional building last month to replace a bunch of analog domes that were vandalized or stolen. Six in underground parking and three in the lobby area and they look GREAT. That was an "emergency" job and they had no problem shipping overnight.

Also ordered four of their 3MP box cams for a public works yard, those are all working well.

They've been great to deal with, and everyone else here who's bought from them will say the same... I don't think they're going anywhere any time soon.

I put nine of the 2MP domes in a professional building last month to replace a bunch of analog domes that were vandalized or stolen. Six in underground parking and three in the lobby area and they look GREAT. That was an "emergency" job and they had no problem shipping overnight.

Also ordered four of their 3MP box cams for a public works yard, those are all working well.

They've been great to deal with, and everyone else here who's bought from them will say the same... I don't think they're going anywhere any time soon.

Even the spec sheet for the camera is gone from the site... just a couple of paragraphs now.

I cant remember, were you able to choose what lens you wanted on these? Or no?

And I thought there was mention about them adding IR to the cameras as well... have you heard anything about that?

Also, what software did you use for all 9 of them?

Thanks again!

Even the spec sheet for the camera is gone from the site... just a couple of paragraphs now.

Still there, just moved - there's a blue button under the pictures, "CLICK HERE for this products video, images, and technical page". If memory serves, the changes were all part of moving to a new e-commerce provider.

I cant remember, were you able to choose what lens you wanted on these? Or no?

Not sure... I remember it used to list other optional lenses, but doesn't now. You'd need to contact them to find out the deal on that. We just used them all with the stock 3.6 and found it worked well for what we were doing.

And I thought there was mention about them adding IR to the cameras as well... have you heard anything about that?

No idea - again, you'd have to ask at the source.

Also, what software did you use for all 9 of them?

They're on a 3xLogic Vigil system. The site already had the Vigil, which fortunately is a hybrid system to begin with, so we just pulled down the analog cams and put in the IP cams (with associated necessary wiring changes).

197053_1.png

Nice. For cams 7,8,9 inside the building... what do you think the height of ceiling was you installed the cam's to? Looks around 15'?

I'd say they're all about 13-14'. #8 is at the bottom of a ramp and #9 is at the top, but the ceiling slopes up there as well. #9 might be a little closer to 12' from the floor.

The underground ones are generally around 7-8' high.