Sign in to follow this  
puttsy

Viewing DVR feed online with Mac | Digimerge DH200+

Well, I've searched the web for help on how to get my digimerge remote viewing to work on a Mac and haven't had much luck thus far.

I can access the camera viewer just fine on my PC's (Well, I can't get it to work in Internet Explorer 8 on some of my machines but it works fine on others. Haven't been too concerned with that though. Seems to be an ActiveX problem and I haven't dug much deeper).

I downloaded the digimerge iSMS and got it all installed and can view the cameras and controls from there. I have, however, received this error:

"Error: Cannot find DVR" or something similar. BUT, I have gotten it working other times so I'm not too concerned about this dialog--just a glitch.

I can enter either address to login to the DVR though. It asks for the DVR

Address:Port:

Username:

Password:

and I can enter either the local IP address of the DVR:

192.168.1.100:80

OR

myname.digimerge.net:80

and I can get into the iSMS program for camera control and to view stored video.

However, when I go to Safari, Chrome, or Firefox (Chrome being my preference) I can login, get the web-page that shows the cameras (1-8) and Split-Screen options, but the video just doesn't appear. I even get the black box where the video SHOULD be, but I can't get any video.

Anyone have and ideas on how to see the cameras? I have the necessary ports forwarded and can access the cameras remotely on my Windows machines just fine [aside from the minor IE issue mentioned earlier. Thoughts on that too?]

Hopefully it's just something small and dumb that I'm not doing [rookie mistake?] but, any ideas?

Maybe it doesnt support any other browsers but Internet explorer

Could be the case...In my opinion, that would significantly decrease their appeal. Especially considering they hype their support as "The industry's only..." but without IE on Mac, it seems a bit of a deterent. The iSMS software works remotely so I suppose that's what they are looking for users to do but multi-platform, cross-application browser support would be a major selling point if it were possible.

Maybe it doesnt support any other browsers but Internet explorer

You sir ARE correct. Amazing how helpful the manual can sometimes be! (It was tucked away from the previous user [probably the installer and was never looked at by anyone here...who knows])

On page 145 of the manual; NOTE: Remote viewing is only compatible with Internet Explorer.

Mozilla Firefox, Opera, Safari and other browsers are not supported.

Page 82-93 details the iSMS Client for both local and remote viewing and I think I've gotten that working okay on one of the units, but on another unit (should be exactly the same), it just is not working. It gives me that "Error: Cannot connect to DVR" warning. I am assuming that error is because I need an update (as per @ tomcctv advice) on the unit but, what/how would I go about that? You linked to the manual but, where should I be looking in the manual and, is it a pretty simple operation or does it make you feel like you need to cross your fingers and hold your breath for it to work *wink, wink*.

Thanks for the comments this far. It really got me to stop and go to the bare base of what I was doing. [i.e. I pulled out the manual!!]

This can be done by emulating a smart phone with your MAC.

Register your DVR to run on a BlackBerry, you can find how to do this on the digimerge website,

it will give you acces via firefox.