Gesualdo

Camera parts

I need the photocell for a Bosch/ extreme EX82 camera. I have had no response from Bosch other than to contact the seller and don't want to send it back to them without any idea, 1- if it will be repaired or 2- how much to unplug the old sensor and replace with a new one ( which I can do myself if I can get the part). Dealer is out of business.

Does anyone have or can get me the part I need?

gesualdo

I need the photocell for a Bosch/ extreme EX82 camera. I have had no response from Bosch other than to contact the seller and don't want to send it back to them without any idea, 1- if it will be repaired or 2- how much to unplug the old sensor and replace with a new one ( which I can do myself if I can get the part). Dealer is out of business.

Does anyone have or can get me the part I need?

gesualdo

Hmm, I would try to do my self too

see if u can get any broken IR bullet

take out photocell

solder back to Bosch

sure photocell can have different value or may be u need photo-transistor

but worth to try

It probably uses a standard CDS (cadmium sulfide) photo-resistor... the catch is, there are several values available, and for it to work properly, you'll need to replace it with one of the same or very similar value. They're pretty readily available from commercial electronic component stores, like this: http://www.rpelectronics.com/electronic-components-parts/resistors-potentiometers/light-dependent-resistor

Ok, Cool, If someone could tell me the right values to get to solder one in, or preferably can get the part from bosch (Authorized repair or dealer, even unauthorized) with the pigtail already attached, or has one around that would fit and can send it to me I would really appreciate it. Compensated of course. Saw some at RS but don't know what to get.

Thanks,

Gesualdo

I would send it to bosch have them fix it properly. anyway my guess is you going to transfer cost to client. too fancy cam to fuck it up worse.