gcan

Speco Techonologies customer service

Can anybody help, I've e-mailed Speco 3 times asking for a tech or rep in my area, Gatlinburg TN, and have not received a singel response??

I purchased a 2nd home and it has a Speco CCTV system and I can only view it at the unit....nowhere else in the cabin or over the internet.

I'll gladly pay to have it set up but don;t now who to call.....my alarm folks already tried so no luck there.

Anybody know a person that can work on Speco units or even a rep in the knoxville TN area?

any cctv installer guy should be able to set this up for you. alarm only people are not too familiar with ports and routing etc. we set any unit for home owners for ~200.

Can you look at the DVR and let us know the model number. Is there an ethernet cable plugged into the

back of the DVR and the other end of the cable in your router?

Thank you for the reply's but the issue has been resolved.....a great guy form a Security company in Knoxville e-mialed me his phone number and offerd to assist.

We probably spent 2 solid hours trouble shooting and he even conatcted Speco a couple of times and called me back....in the end I can now view it at my primary residense.

Having a person offer so much of their time to help me on this after the others either failed or wouldn't even get back to me really helps to remember that there are good people still around that are willing to help others in need.

I greatly appreciated his help " title="Applause" /> " title="Applause" />

honestly since I'm a beginner I'm not sure there were a number of points he had me work on - the DVR was giving an address of .com instead of .net so he had me update the software (this took aminute to realize it was addressing itself wrong), change it from port 80 to port 100, reset the trigger and ports on my router and run the ez-ddns over and over until it all worked. Along with a couple of calls with Speco to be sure they could see the unit. Once it listed the unit as a .net it was a matter of getting the Comcast router to see the unit and my computer to get the address.

I believe with the unit being a TN series, discontinued, and me not having any of the factory disc didn't help because once he discovered it had named tself as .com then we had to get the unit to talk to the router so it could update itself.

All in all it took a bit of time and a lot of patience with a beginer on this gentlemen's part to get the unit up and running

I have the exact same issue right now. Do you know what software/ Firmware you currently have in the TN? I have a 16TN that works perfectly - but will not go through the DDNS.